OSMC's June update is here with Kodi v18.7 - OSMC

Does not work for me:

osmc@osmc:~$ sudo apt-get install --reinstall vero3-mediacenter-osmc=18.6.0-13
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
E: Version '18.6.0-13' for 'vero3-mediacenter-osmc' was not found

So I just got my new Vero 4k+ (only because of 3D ISO / MVC support), installed all updates just to find out that 3D is broken with the newest update and there is no way to revert back?!

You can certainly revert back. You should post some logs so we can see why this is not working.

3D isnā€™t broken - itā€™s just not included as part of the standard build yet because it is still an experimental feature. As such, we are not advertising MVC support yet. If you want this functionality, you must use test builds for now.

Thanks Sam!

Ok, so I enabled logging, did a reboot, performed the suggested command line prompt that still does not work (same error message as posted above) and uploaded the log file:

http://paste.osmc.tv/yubaxelogu

How can I use a test build that has full 3d support?

Your sources.list shows that you do not have the 4.9 repository added.
You can add it by following the instructions in the first post in the 4.9 thread, then run sudo apt-get update and install the 3D build as you attempted before.

Hahaā€¦ that was quite some fun for someone who is completely new to OSMC and Linux.

But anyways, it worked. Thanks Sam, great support!

Just been notified of a 2nd June update. Any info on this?

There was a fix for SMB for some Vero users. This was pushed a couple of weeks ago.

1 Like

Just wanted to say thanks :slight_smile:

1 Like

Is anyone else experiencing a lot of sad faces after this update?

You should probably start a new post with logs. But your post history suggests you are not on the stable build

Sam

I updated to the 4.9 kernel, I guess thatā€™s what you mean by not being on the stable build. I will try getting some logs with debugging enabled, but the sad faces appear randomly so theyā€™re tough to catch.

As far as Iā€™ve understood, thereā€™s no way to downgrade to the stable build. Is that correctly understood?

Indeed. You would need to reinstall instead.

Iā€™m on 4.9 and have also been getting loads of sad faces since the June update. But going back to Kodi 18.6 seems to have stabilised things, at least as far as the sad faces are concerned. That doesnā€™t require a reinstall.

Ah, good to know itā€™s not just me. How would I go about downgrading Kodi to 18.6?

sudo apt-get install --reinstall vero3-mediacenter-osmc=18.6.0-13

(I think).

Thank you!

I upgrade my Vero4K last night to the Kodi 18.7 release. And everything stopped working. Now 90% of my videos play for 5-30 seconds and then they close. After a hard reboot I was able to watch a movie, but the next item I played closed. Went into my TV shows and tried to play un-watched and previously watched and almost all of them closed. I checked the encoding and the ones that are closing are encoded the same as those that are playing. I have been digging through trying to find ways to fix it. I did a factory reset of Kodi, and added in my video paths again. Same issue.
I have not used Linux since the 90ā€™s so remember next to nothing, but I was able to putty into it, and I tried the Kodi downgrade, you [angry.sardine] mentioned but it tells me it cannot find the file. "ā€œsudo apt-get install --reinstall vero3-mediacenter-osmc=18.6.0-13"ā€
I changed it from vero3 to vero4 & vero4k.
I am not sure where to look to see what versions may be available to restore to or to verify.
Right now I have a brick, so any help would be appreciated.

I am replying because it seems to be the same/similar issue, but will open a new conversation if that would be the better way to go.

Many Thanks.

Are you using SMB?

If so ā€“ go to Settings -> Services -> Enable SMB mitigations or update your NAS so it isnā€™t using a broken implementation of SMB.

Hey Sam,
Yes I am using SMB, and it was still set for a MAX of SMB2. I changed it to SMB3 max, and the videos are now playing. What an easy fix. I appreciate your quick response on this. After doing all of the digging, I am thinking about activating NFS and changing the connection on the OSMC. Would this cause any issues with anything if I remap everything? I really do not have any speed or buffering issues, so do not want to rebuild just to change it.
Thanks again for the quick response.

Are you using the library mode?

If you donā€™t have issues with SMB now, I wouldnā€™t change anything. If it ainā€™t brokeā€¦