OSMC's June update is here with Kodi v18.7 - OSMC

Yes I am, and nope, not worth risking it to change it.

If you really wanted to you could setup nfs on your nas, make a system mount for it, and then use a path substitute which would allow you to maximize performance without modifying your library at all. It would also have the benefit of being easily reversible if you had any issues as all you would need to do is remove the path sub and your right back to using the Kodi SMB paths.

i can made a possibily stupid question ?

Why hasn’t a version with “new” 18.8 of kodi ? why does it not bring essential changes compared to the current 18.7 ?

The OSMC team were focusing on the Debian 9 ‘Stretch’ to Debian 10 ‘Buster’ upgrade as that was a higher priority, the idea was that this would be rolled up together with the Kodi 18.8 update and delivered together, this is in testing now if you wanted to try this or you can wait just a little longer for it to be officially released.

3 Likes

Kodi v18.8 doesn’t really bring many significant changes for us, so the focus is to deliver it with Buster.

1 Like

While trying to re-install my Vero4+ to kernel 4.9 Osmc 18.6… I couldn’t find back version 18.6.0-13.
(figure out my install went to 18.9 :frowning: while I wanted to avoid this one… I probably did a mismanipulation)

Is 18.6.0-13 still available nowadays?

Kodi 18.6 and the 4.9 kernel won’t work together.

Yes, but you’d need to do a full reinstall. Looking at the date of Sam’s original post, which announced Kodi 18.7, you’re probably looking at image 2020.03-1.

1 Like

Hi Sam,
I’m lost now. What is the combination you do recommend now for 3D MVC as kernel+kodi versions? Now that I am reinstalling anyway, I’ll go to the latest valid combo until Matrix support ok 3D MVC (if this is not already the case more or less unstable?).

If you need 3D support you’ll have to install a test build with the v4.9 kernel. See this thread: [TESTING] Linux 4.9 kernel and improved video stack for Vero 4K / 4K +

3D support in the standard (non-test) software is coming, but not until the first Matrix release.

Thank you, fierce enemy of the angry birds.
In fact I was with kernel 4.9 since a while but I have probably lost track of changes in the test sources as Darwin point out in another thread. Thanks for the relevant advice anyway!

Whenever I search for updates it says no updates are available. It has done since Nov 2020 update. What do you advise? Thanks.

Expect next update by the end of the months (if all goes well).

Apologies. I mistook this for a June 2021 post, as it was at the top of the discussion, but it was a June 2020! My mistake. Apologies.

2 Likes