OSMC's March update is here with Kodi v19.4 - OSMC

The change was here: [package] [kernel-osmc] Vero 4K/4K+: CONFIG_HID_SONY=m for customer · osmc/osmc@4995cd2 · GitHub

and was instated because of this post: PS3 dualshock kernel module.

So try and let me know.

Sam

Well the CONFIG_HID_SONY kernel option is described in Sony PS2/3/4 accessories - CONFIG_HID_SONY - hid-sony.ko - kernelconfig.io as “PS2/3/4 accessories” so most likely not, I am talking about a Sony programmable/learning IR remote. I do not have the IR receiver connected and it does not seem worth it to go look for it.

You don’t need the IR receiver if you have a Vero4k which has a IR receiver build in.
And for the remote itself as it “progammable/learning” you could either teach it with any remote that is currently in the OSMC supported list or just create a personal config file.

The supplied IR extender is only beneficial if your Vero is out of line of sight with your remote. Otherwise you can use the built in receiver.

Right, I guess I had forgotten about that.

I suppose so.

Just go to My OSMC → Remotes, and it should become clearer.

My Vero 4K+ gets the latest March update…… but my original Vero 4K stuck on November 2020? I scan for updates, but nothing happens. ?

Update 1: Used the hot fix option, but when scanning for update it says ‘connectivity error while checking for…”

But I’m connected perfectly.

Update 2: found a link to try to nuke/reinstall the OS… ugh, keep getting this error now trying to get the install image to a usb stick on my mac:

Update 3: used windows PC now seems to be working…… formatting Vero now……

I have an old OSMC based on latest stretch release. Unfortunately the updater in My OSMC claims it has insufficient space for the update - I am always able to do a manual update though - what should /etc/apt/sources.list look like in order to fetch the update with apt?

Thank you

Mine looks like this (i’m on the newer Buster release though, Stretch is very old):

osmc@osmc-Lounge:~$ cat /etc/apt/sources.list
deb http://ftp.debian.org/debian buster main contrib non-free

deb http://ftp.debian.org/debian/ buster-updates main contrib non-free

deb http://security.debian.org/ buster/updates main contrib non-free

deb http://apt.osmc.tv buster main

How much space do you have free?

IIRC the update from Stretch to Buster was a 2-stage process in which (among other things) the apt sources were changed. If that doesn’t happen automatically from the command line, just changing apt sources manually may fail. Make sure you have a backup as you may have to start again with a new image.

Hmm, I changed stretch to bullseye in the sources.list file and ran apt update and apt full-upgrade

Many packages were updated, but not the OSMC packages. Kodi is still on v. 18.7

Here are the remaining errors

sudo apt full-upgrade
Reading package lists… Done
Building dependency tree… Done
Reading state information… Done
You might want to run ‘apt --fix-broken install’ to correct these.
The following packages have unmet dependencies:
armv7-network-osmc : Depends: python-gobject but it is not installable
E: Unmet dependencies. Try ‘apt --fix-broken install’ with no packages (or specify a solution).

And

sudo apt --fix-broken install
Reading package lists… Done
Building dependency tree… Done
Reading state information… Done
Correcting dependencies… Done
The following packages were automatically installed and are no longer required:
armv7-bluez-osmc armv7-connman-osmc bluez cifs-utils gir1.2-glib-2.0 iproute2 iptables libcryptsetup4 libelf1 libevent-2.0-5 libgirepository-1.0-1
libip4tc0 libip6tc0 libiptc0 libmnl0 libnetfilter-conntrack3 libnfnetlink0 libnl-3-200 libnl-genl-3-200 libnss-myhostname libpcsclite1
libpkcs11-helper1 libsbc1 libxtables12 net-tools openvpn pulseaudio-module-bluetooth pulseaudio-module-zeroconf wireless-firmware-osmc wpasupplicant
Use ‘sudo apt autoremove’ to remove them.
The following packages will be REMOVED:
armv7-network-osmc rbp2-device-osmc
0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 2 to remove and 456 not upgraded.
9 not fully installed or removed.
After this operation, 1250 kB disk space will be freed.
Do you want to continue? [Y/n]
(Reading database … 51282 files and directories currently installed.)
Removing rbp2-device-osmc (1.5.3) …
WARNING: You have tried to remove a package that is essential to OSMC’s operation.
To undo these changes, run ‘sudo apt-get -f install’.
dpkg: error processing package rbp2-device-osmc (–remove):
subprocess installed pre-removal script returned error exit status 1
dpkg: armv7-network-osmc: dependency problems, but removing anyway as you requested:
rbp2-device-osmc depends on armv7-network-osmc; however:
Package armv7-network-osmc is to be removed.

Removing armv7-network-osmc (1.7.8) …
WARNING: You have tried to remove a package that is essential to OSMC’s operation.
To undo these changes, run ‘sudo apt-get -f install’.
dpkg: error processing package armv7-network-osmc (–remove):
subprocess installed pre-removal script returned error exit status 1
dpkg: too many errors, stopping
Errors were encountered while processing:
rbp2-device-osmc
armv7-network-osmc
Processing was halted because there were too many errors.
E: Sub-process /usr/bin/dpkg returned an error code (1)

B.r. Vibe

PS I have 11.6 GB free space on /

Sorry, your only chance was not to change sources.list before upgrading, but it was only a slim chance. You will have to install the latest image. Besides, OSMC has not moved to bullseye yet.

You did make a backup, right?

You should change to buster, not bullseye.

If you changed to bullseye, you bricked your system.
Backup what you can

I finally pulled the pin and updated (from Leia 18.9) as I noticed an add-on I depend upon was now available for Matrix.

Couldn’t be happier.

No issue upgrade and I have now got much improved stability (I was having an occasional crash when stopping playback).

Thanks Sam.

Just to be clear, what is the upgrade path to this release from bullseye? Ta

This would be a downgrade from the Bullseye test build. This is a three month old thread. If you wanted to move to this release you would need to perform a clean install.

Eeek, teach me to read properly! That’s fine as already have this then.

2 Likes

My version on my 4K is saying 2022.03-1

Is this the latest version?

Yes that’s the latest stable version

1 Like