OSMC's November update is here with Kodi 19.3 - OSMC

That’s a bit of a bummer. I understand the no DV bit but these files should play (and have been in prior versions) as regular HDR10 files.

Is there a supported method of reverting to a previous release by any chance?

Thanks! This fixes the stuttering issue on Raspberry Pi 2, though it seems like quite a strange setting to enable by default.

I also had to set Adjust refresh rate to never, otherwise it seems to lose the video calibration settings whenever something is played.

I have lost my wireless connection after the update.

The update went through smoothly.
I then realized, the vero is not connecting to my NAS.

After some searching around I tried to connect to my network again, I had to input the password again and now its working again.

It is a bit unfortunate, that the network name is highlighted in the same light orange as the active menu element.
because when moving from the menu point “wireless” right with the remote control, “activate adapter” becomes orange, and one more to the right onto the network gives no visual indication it is selected and that I can press ok to connect to this network.

Not sure how to put this better. It just took me quite some time to get there and figure out the problem.
Why do I not get something like “unable to connect to wireless network xyz, please go into network settings and enter your password again”?

Cheers

Please start a new thread outlining the issue you are experiencing.

Many thanks

Sam

Do you mean the screen/zoom settings? If that is the issue than would indicate an overscan issue.

I’m referring to https://kodi.wiki/view/Settings/System/Display#Video_calibration.

In the previous release (and pretty much all releases before that), I had no issues with calibration once set properly, but in the November update, the calibration is lost when playing something unless Adjust refresh rate is disabled.

It seems you have a issue with Overscan. Ensure that you did not have any calibration configuration in Kodi/OSMC and use one of the following methods depending on the TV Brand you use.

• Samsung TV - go to Menu / Picture / Picture Options / Size / Screen Fit (instead of 16:9).
  • LG TV - go to Settings / Picture / Aspect Ratio / Just Scan (instead of 16:9)
  • Sony TV - hit Home button, go to Settings / Screen / Display Area / Full Pixel
  • Sharp TV - hit View Mode button, select “Dot by Dot” or “Full screen”
  • Sharp Aquos - go to Menu / System Options / View Option / View Mode / Dot by Dot
  • Panasonic TV - go to Menu / Picture / Screen Settings / 16:9 Overscan / Off`
1 Like

Turning that off resolved it and I see a couple of other recent mentions of it.

Is there a way to force the update? My device is still on OSMC November 2020 2020.11.1

If I try: My OSMC ==> Updates ==> manual controls ==> scan for updates now
Something is downloading for 2 seconds and nothing else.

Did you try the hotfix described in this link?

1 Like

Thanks for all the great improvements. I was really hoping to see libretro emulators integrated again. Really looking forward to continue EarthBound… :smiley:

please how exactly you have set 1080p60hz to fix the boot problem?
thx!

If you check hdmimode like this and it’s 1080p60hz your boot problem must be something different.

osmc@vero4tv:~$ fw_printenv hdmimode
hdmimode=1080p60hz

Please open a separate thread if you can’t boot.