OSMC's November update is here with Kodi v18.9 - OSMC

Just check for updates again and install the update. You should then be able to adjust the skin accordingly.

Thanks Sam - canā€™t even get to home screen now. When I plug in power I get a blue screen with the sad face. Nothing working. Any ideas?

No oneā€™s reported such an issue with this update, so I donā€™t think itā€™s related.
Iā€™d suggest a new post with some debug logs so we can look in to the issue

Sam

will do iā€™ll get on it now

What changes/fixes are in 2020-11.1 ? I canā€™t find any info about that.
Vero 4K and 4K+.

Did you click on ā€œShow Full Postā€ on the first post in this thread?

Yeah, I can only find info on the 2020-11 release. I got another patch yesterday (2020-11**.1**) - so Iā€™m wondering whatā€™s changed in that minor patch.

That was just a quick fix for issues that were detected in the MyOSMC Addon.

1 Like

I am a bit confused. I would like to install this on my Pi 4, but in order to update to this version which adds compatibility for the Pi 4 I would need to have a working system correct? Since there is no image of this version.

So is my understanding correct that I would need to build the image myself from the github or is there something I am overlooking here?

Assuming that I understood correctly is there a plan to release an image that supports the Pi 4 or would I have to wait for Kodi 19 Matrix before there will be an image released that supports the Pi 4?

1 Like

You would need to build the installer from GitHub at this point, as we havenā€™t released any public images and donā€™t plan to for Kodi v18.9. The first officially supported version will be based on Kodi v19.

I have no idea how to do that but Iā€™ll give it a go :slight_smile: thx for the info

Then you are probably better off waiting ā€“ unless you are interested in getting involved in development.

I just tried updating on an rpi3 and during the update process it threw an error ā€œUnable to install docker-ce please mention this on the forumā€. It then restarted after 30 as it had stated, mentioning the error again (now in the OSMC UI). It seems the update didnā€™t go through as it still says Update Available.

Any ideas what might be going on here?

Please provide logs.

Just got the ā€˜This platform is no longer supportedā€™ message on my Vero 2. A bit of a shock, and Google brought me here. I understand the technical challenges outlined above (though discussion focuses on Pi). Could you expand a bit more on why Matrix wonā€™t support Vero 2, which is still relatively current and was well specā€™d at the time of release?

Iā€™m sorry to come to end of life on my Vero after what seems like ā€˜a short timeā€™. This is the second platform deprecated in my XBMC/ODMC journey (ATV1 being the other), so I guess that means I am oldā€¦

Thanks as always to Sam and the team, Iā€™ll need to think now about my next platform.

Tony

1 Like

Hi Tony,

I assume youā€™ve checked for updates which is why youā€™d receive this message.

Weā€™ve supported the Vero 2 from the start of 2016 to the end of 2020. We only planned to support the Vero 2 for three years. The five year commitment came with the Vero 4K/4K+.

But these support commitments are minimum timeframes and we endeavour to support the device for longer if we can.

Kodi v19 is quite resource intensive and it wonā€™t deliver a good experience on the Vero 2 now. But this doesnā€™t mean that it will stop working now that it is not supported ā€“ we just wonā€™t be releasing any more updates for this device.

Weā€™ll continue to keep download images on our website so you can reinstall OSMC if necessary.

If you are happy with the Vero, the logical upgrade step would be to the latest iteration of Vero.

Cheers

Sam

1 Like

Thanks Sam - appreciate the response, and the explanation. Iā€™ll stick with the Vero 2 for now as itā€™s doing a great job. Good to know that the images will still be available if I mess anything up!

Regards,

Tony

This is brilliant news! Thank you for all your work on this :smiley:

Do you know when builds for Pi4 might be available?

With the release of Kodi v19.

1 Like

Will the upcoming raspberry pi 4 support for Kodi v19 mean that AV1 videos will be supported? If so, software or hardware decoding?

AV1 is popping up lately, and we continue to get more videos in our library we canā€™t play on our current OSMC, so Iā€™m hunting for a small media player that can.

(Also, thanks for all the work you do!)