OSMC's September update is here

OSMC's September update is here. These changes come in light, as Kodi Jarvis (v16) is very stable as it nears its end of its life. We have been working on preparing OSMC for Kodi Krypton (v17) and will be offering some test builds for all platforms shortly.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://osmc.tv/2016/10/osmcs-september-update-is-here/
2 Likes

Hi

can i downgrade from kodi Krypton testbuild to the new September update?

I assume you’re running a Kodi Krypton test build for Raspberry Pi, as at the time of writing, there aren’t any test builds for other platforms.

You can indeed downgrade back to Kodi Jarvis. The instructions for doing this are in the same test thread that you installed Kodi Krypton from

What’s this Raspberry Pi 2+ you speak of? I couldn’t find anything about it on Google or the Raspberry Pi website.

RPi2+ is Pi2 with CPU from RPi3 (clocked lower).
https://www.raspberrypi.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=63&t=160578

I’m guessing downloadable images will be available later?

Yes, but for now you can install the August version and upgrade

Hi! Does this update bring automatic detection of raspberry pi 3 and correct overclock settings? Installed three days ago using NOOBS and have had to set configure manually to get normal cpu freq. Thank you for the hard work!!

Hello,

The overclock settings in NOOBS are already correct for Raspberry Pi 2 / Pi 3 and have been since the device was released. We do not change the default clock speed for these devices, as there is no real need to do so. This remains unchanged in this update:

Hi! I have just updated osmc, how can I use the new skin in the image?

I think here’s your answer:

The skin looks amazing, can’t wait to test it !

Ive lost audio since I did the upgrade on my RPI3.

Any ideas??

Well first idea, please don’t use the “News” thread as a troubleshooting thread but open a new thread with a respective title and the required information for troubleshooting

For your specific audio problem the crucial information to tell is what audio sink you are using.

When I do a dist-upgrade in Apple TV 1 I get : dpkg;error processing archive --unpack Unable to clean mess surrounding /.boot/configure-4.2.3-17-OSMC before installing another version: Read only file system. How can I overcome this? Thank you in advance.

As said in the post above please refrain from using the “News” thread to post individual problems.

Thank you and sorry about that. Won’t happen again

This is just FYI to inform people who see this issue:

The new kernel rbp1-image-4.4.16-6-osmc brings two symlinks:

lrwxrwxrwx root/root 0 2016-10-02 17:14 ./lib/modules/4.4.16-6-osmc/source → /mnt/package/kernel-osmc/src/linux-4.4.16
lrwxrwxrwx root/root 0 2016-10-02 17:14 ./lib/modules/4.4.16-6-osmc/build → /mnt/package/kernel-osmc/src/linux-4.4.16

Obviously, these destinations are nonexistent in our productive pi and lead to these console messages at installation:

Hmm. There is a symbolic link /lib/modules/4.4.16-6-osmc/build
However, I can not read it: File or Directory not found
Therefore, I am deleting /lib/modules/4.4.16-6-osmc/build

Hmm. The package shipped with a symbolic link /lib/modules/4.4.16-6-osmc/source
However, I can not read the target: File or Directory not found
Therefore, I am deleting /lib/modules/4.4.16-6-osmc/source

These messages do not have any negative effect and can be ignored.

This isn’t an issue, and this message has been visible for some time. It’s usually just the case that most people update via the official method, and not the command line, and don’t see this.

indeed. That’s what I wrote (“This is just FYI to inform people who see this issue” … “do not have any negative effect and can be ignored”)