OSMC's September update

Hi,

Great, I look forward to the new web browser !

Great. The problem of uPnP drive visibility gone away after the updating. Now I can see network drives again.

Thanks…

I was lucky too much and too fast. :frowning:

Right after rPi reboot, all network UPnP drives lost. I cannot lunch video from previously added network drive. I cannot add a new UPnP drive because I see none.

Videos > Files > Add videos… > Browse > YPnP devices >… nothing on the list.

I’m sure in my network are such drivers readable, because I see it on Win Kodi version without problem.

Any new word on when the download for the ATV1 will be up. I have been using XBMC on it for about 3 years now and love it. Recently something happened and it would no longer boot up. I pulled the flash drive and went online to reinstall XBMC on the flash and can no longer find it on the web. i miss having my XBMC!!!

Hey!
Since the September update I have been experiencing playback glitches with my Raspberry Pi 2, even with movies I have already watched before flawlessly.

Every minute or so the screen freezes for one or two seconds and then fast forwards to the point where it should have been if not for the freeze. It happens everything in different point of the same video. It doesn’t depend on file size and/or resolution.

Has anyone else experienced this issue?
Thanks!

Try going in to My OSMC -> Updater and running a manual update check. I have pushed a new build to fix a regression in build performance caused by having debugging enabled.

Sam

2 Likes

Similar issue here. With live TV it even freezes Kodi (15.2) at a certain point and needs a reboot.

There may be a bug in the Updates module that prevents updates.

To fix it go to MyOSMC, Updates, Manual Controls, Apply HotFix and enter this code: [deprecated]

After that, reboot for the changes to take effect, then run a Manual Update.

1 Like

i am totally happy that u guys have added touch screen control however only one minor problem with my raspberry pi 7inch touchscreen is it seems to have turned the screen around and i can not seem to find a way to turn it back around again is there anyway i can fix it?

HotFix works for me!

I am on a RPi B+ with version OSMC September 2015 2015.09-1 as stated in the My OSMC App. I just try a manual update and receive a message stating that there is no update. I also apply the suggested above hotfix and still get this message. Is my version really up to date ?

It probably is, but post the logs if you like as they will confirm whether the manual update proceeded normally.

FYI, the fix has been released so a reboot followed by a Manual Update will install it.

The Hotifx is no longer necessary.

Thank you. I just repeat the manual update and get now OSMC September 2015 2015.09-2

I’m too updated successfully today. But still I cannot see/add/use UPnP devices by network. The list is empty.

Please start a new thread with debug logs. I suspect this will be a Kodi issue however.

Sam

[edit]
Never mind, apparently I’m an idiot… :smile:

I use Yatse without problems after OSMC updated. Nothing changed in settings. Just found and set the new IP of OSMC.

Thanks, it’s working now, I was just being stupid :smiley: