OSMC's September update

which log do you need? as I see I can select a few types.

Tried and no luck. Looks like it’s a Mediatek chipset though.

[ 5465.080427] usb 1-1.3.4: new high-speed USB device number 7 using dwc_otg
[ 5465.195928] usb 1-1.3.4: New USB device found, idVendor=7392, idProduct=a711
[ 5465.195951] usb 1-1.3.4: New USB device strings: Mfr=1, Product=2, SerialNumber=3
[ 5465.195961] usb 1-1.3.4: Product: WiFi
[ 5465.195971] usb 1-1.3.4: Manufacturer: MediaTek
[ 5465.195981] usb 1-1.3.4: SerialNumber: 1.0

How to disable debug log? It’s based on RC? There is hardcoded debug in RC versions, i think…
I tried advancedsetting.xml with debug level 0, but still have huge kodi.log after while…

Upgrade via My OSMC

Sam

While I appreciate all the hard work of the developers on OSMC project, the latest Kodi 15.2 based update has rendered by Pi version B2 completely unusable. 1080p mkv ac3 5.1 videos use to play jerk and pause free from my Samba share over the wired network. Now all jerk and pause … some time as bad as 15 seconds. What is going on here? how do I rollback, as this update is unworthy of daily use Pi needs.

I would suggest starting a new thread and ensuring you are on the latest version of OSMC

Sam

Thanks, about to do the same.

Thank you for the great new OSMC:
everything goes smoothly! :smiley:

Info:
OSMC 2015.09-1 => 2015.09-2
the CEC default was changed from CEC to OSMC-CEC
after choosing the right one the remote control works as usual

I got the update, buy my RaspberryPi rebooted to the OSMC sad face screen, flashing black, then back to sad face again. I pulled the plug and rebooted and now it stays stuck on the OSMC boot screen.

Stink buzz…

Grate make the dolod work made my donation I would like to download the software.

Hi

You should be able to download from Download - OSMC

Thanks for your donation.

Sam

Hi,

I have the same issue mentioned previously regarding the playback glitches.

I’m currently running version 2015.09-1 and have read in this thread that there should be an 2015.09-2 update available with fixes for the issue.
I have tried updating manually through MyOSMC, but keep getting a message that there is no update available. I have also tried applying the hotfix (oyeyeweluz), rebooting, and running the update againg - Still no update available.

Is there an alternative way of applying the update? - Perhaps through SSH? Without the need to do a fresh install with the OSMC installer.

I’m running OSMC and Kodi on a RaspberryPi 2.

ssh: sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get dist-upgrade

Thank you very much. If I run “cat /etc/os-release” it now shows that I am using 2015.09-2.

Wow, just read this. “Improved boot time: OSMC now boots to Kodi quicker than before”

If you guys make this any faster it’ll have to boot pre loaded, lolz. Outstanding work Sam and everyone else involved.

…and a big thank you for making hostname config easier.
…Wow, and MySQL, you guys are on fire.

Wow… It ALL, more or less looks nice… You guy’s ROCK!!!

Maybe I shouldn’t mention it… Since It’s NOT a bug/error but more of a “typo” I fond in THIS post… But I’m sort of a perfectionist… These 2 points are written in the list of changes… (The 2 lines are next to each other…

• Make OSMC installations take up less space by removing unnecessary dependencies
  • Remove unnecessary dependencies for Kodi and make the installation smaller

I don’t understand the difference between those 2?.. :wink:

One is a reduction in Kodi dependencies and one is a reduction in overall filesystem dependencies. The outcome is the same: a smaller filesystem, but they’re slightly different changes.

Sam

1 Like

What exactly are the nfs improvements? I notice a bit of lag when seeking but otherwise it’s been fine since I switched to osmc

How can I install/setup the Sense HAT with OSMC ?

Dear Sam,
thanks for your effort during evolving such a great system. Unfortunatelly I experience problem which I am not able to solve myself.
After update to last version of OSMC (2015-09-29) for my RaspiB I am not able to run Half SBS 3D movies. It always turn into black screen. I am using TV remote to use it so reboot through SSH was necessary.
Same situation is when setting up preferred mode for playing 3D to Half-SBS in Settings -> again black screen -> SSH reboot.
Before no issue with playing 3D movies.
Thanks for your advice