Hi. I am having what I think is an odd problem and might instead be something I am doing wrong. I have installed osmc and included all the directories where I have movies on my disk (sorted by genre). By doing so and browsing the library I discovered a few duplicates, movies that I really had twice in different directories. I cleaned my directory by removing the duplicates, but they keep showing in my library. I double checked editing the movies to check the path and indeed movies I have deleted from my hard disc are still there. I tried updating and cleaning the library, but it does nothing. My only possible hint is that the cleaning process, which says could take some time, is over in about one second. I am not sure it is really checking anything.
I am sure I am omitting some important information here… please, let me know what else I need to provide. But it is really annoying.
Also, separate but important. Some movies are not recognised properly. I explain. I have downloaded an old series called Space1999. It is read by kodi but shows up in my library as Space fury.
Thank you in advance for any help you might provide.
To get a better understanding of the problem you are experiencing we need more information from you. The best way to get this information is for you to upload logs that demonstrate your problem. You can learn more about how to submit a useful support request here.
I assume it is a naming convention problem as the scraper will do a lookup based on the name.
Hint: There is a current similiar thread open Clean Library question. You might want to have a look at this as well.
Thanks! I am already trying renaming the files and ordering them as Kodi expects. Perhaps it did not like the subdirectory Season 1? I still don’t understand why it is inserted as a different item, though.
As for the first question, I am still not sure what to submit. The whole XML file containing the library? It still does not say what is exactly on the disk!
Debug enabled logs after you try the cleaning of the Library
That sounds like the content type of the containing directory is not “Series” but instead “Movies”.
For movies typicially themoviedb.org is used. So take the same title of your language as displayed there; helpful is to add the year as shown in TheMovieDB web page.
For series typically thetvdb.com is used for the meta data.
So, if you named the directory “space 1999” and it is from content type movies, I could imagine the scraper takes the first movie title starting with “space” dated 1999 … which is Space Fury.
BTW.: In Germany the “Space 1999” series was named “Mondbasis Alpha 1” dated 1975 or so.
Please, provide the log sets as requested by @fzinken.
Hi! You all put me on my way to discover quite a few mistakes I made. For the time being, my apologies for wasting your time. Let me fix all my mistakes and then I will get back to you if I still have problems.