Picture Slideshow Crash

According to uname I have “vero 4.1.12-11-osmc”, but recently I did upgrade to the December release of OSMC. Using either local pictures, SMB or DLNA, if I start a slideshow, the first picture is fine, then the screen goes blank, followed by an involuntary reboot. Other things of note are that I’m running a different skin (not the OSMC default) and that the slideshow is on random, not sequential. I’ve done a MyOSMC log upload in case that helps: http://paste.osmc.io/awisobazis Does anyone have any idea what could be causing this?
Cheers,
Jamie

A post was merged into an existing topic: Slideshow is crashing OSMC

Hi

Can you try changing to a different directory, say with 5 photos that definitely open on your computer and see if that works?

Sam

Hi Sam,
I put 5 photos, which definitely open on my computer, onto the local Vero storage. The same happened, but after 4 photos of the slideshow this time. Logs are here: http://paste.osmc.io/iziyayuruf
Thanks,
James

Additional info: I just tried AppleTV, same build of OSMC, and it worked with both the original and smaller (x5) set of photos. However, AppleTV does not seem to adhere to the settings I have set (i.e. randomise, 3 second duration), it just uses the defaults. The AppleTV is using the default OSMC skin.
Cheers,
Jamie

Hi Jamie

Not sure, but this is twice I have seen this error:

22:48:43 T:1500931104   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                             - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
                                            Error Type: <type 'exceptions.IOError'>
                                            Error Contents: cannot identify image file '/home/osmc/.kodi/userdata/addon_data/script.toolbox/3333606c0978755a181ebea0e9cb7cbf30.png'
                                            Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "/home/osmc/.kodi/addons/script.toolbox/default.py", line 149, in <module>
                                                Main()
                                              File "/home/osmc/.kodi/addons/script.toolbox/default.py", line 35, in __init__
                                                image, imagecolor = Filter_Image(self.image_now, int(self.params.get("radius", 5)))
                                              File "/home/osmc/.kodi/addons/script.toolbox/resources/lib/Utils.py", line 184, in Filter_Image
                                                img = Image.open(targetfile)
                                              File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/PIL/Image.py", line 2288, in open
                                                % (filename if filename else fp))
                                            IOError: cannot identify image file '/home/osmc/.kodi/userdata/addon_data/script.toolbox/3333606c0978755a181ebea0e9cb7cbf30.png'
                                            -->End of Python script error report<--

It may be caused by an addon. I would see if you can remove that issue first.

Sam

Thanks Sam. Inexperienced in trawling the logs, you’ve probably pin-pointed the issue. My skin (Mimic) requires the Script Toolbox addon which seems to be causing the issue. The AppleTV works fine, and this does not have either Mimic or Script Toolbox installed. I think I’ll have to chase the Script Toolbox devs for this one, thanks for the help! If I get an outcome I’ll post back.
Cheers,
Jamie

The Mimic dev advised to remove the dependency on Script Toolbox in the addon.xml, then un-install Script Toolbox. I’ve done this, and still get crashing. Latest logs are linked below. Shall I just re-build the Vero with a fresh SD card install, or can this be brought back to life?
Thanks,
Jamie
http://paste.osmc.io/agabarihek

Hi Jamie

I am not sure. For now, can you switch to Confluence, try a slideshow and see if you still get this problem? It may help to disable Script Toolbox after you switch skins temporarily

Sam

Hi Sam,
I switched to Confluence and OSMC skins and it was no different. I can’t disable Script Toolbox as I have already un-installed it :wink:
Cheers,
Jamie

Here’s my logs too, for cross referencing. http://paste.osmc.io/supazunewe

The LazyTV addon Monitor gets pinged a huge number of times. Might be a clue.

Different problem, or not related to the crash, as I don’t have those logs, because I haven’t got that service installed.