Playback of music via music library gives micro-drop outs

Ok… With dvdplayer enabled as defaut. I had no drop-out for a couple of hours.

The thing is that songs don’tt start at the very beginning but dvdplayer skips a few millesconds so you can never here the very first notes… I tried with many different tunes in my library (mp3 format) but it happens everytime.

Switching back to paplayer I can hear the whole song, but with dropouts… I’m behind the eight ball!! :frowning: :smile:

Any idea?

With dvdplayer, try changing Settings->System->Audio Output->Keep Audio Device Alive to “Always” - does that solve the start of the song being missed ?

Ciao DBMandrake! Thanks for your quick reply!

Unfortunately changing the keep alive to always has no effect on the start of the song…

Today I’ve added a HiFiBerry DAC+ as my main soundcard, but nothing has changed… Random dropouts still present…

Have you tried buffermode?

Hi there,

sorry to bring this discussion back, but I still experience the same problems… I’ve moved my library to an NFS share, but still I have micro drop-outs (silence) every say 3/4 minutes of playing… :frowning:

Apparently there’s nothing about it in kodi.log…

Has anybody found a solution??

Have you tried buffermode?

2 Likes

Hey popcornmix, I’m sorry I seem to have missed your previous comment! :blush:

I’ve enabled buffermode 1 on my Kodi and I will try in the next days… I’ll let you know!

The buffermode seems to work! Thanks popcornmix, i’m sorry that you had to post your suggestion twice… :clap::thumbsup:

1 Like

In the OSMC version I experienced this problem (Version_Id = “2015.08-1”) the buffer setting did not solve this problem. As stated before I am a bit surprised that it seems to work for aFunkyBass, because the buffering is only related to video and not audio only. I switched to OpenElec and did not encounter the problem over there. But I like OSMC better (except for this show-stopping bug), so I am going to give it a try again with the new version of OSMC.
I will let you know if it works again.

I’m experiencing this problem too

“Me too” doesn’t help anybody. Have you tried any of the suggestions in this thread, such as using dvdplayer for audio playback ?

For me, problem was solved by changing the buffermode setting. Details here.

No I did not I just wanted to report it for the priority: the more people report it, the higher the priority for devs to fix it.

Sounds like you are attacking me. I don’t like that.

I created advancedsettings.xml as per the Kodi wiki, added < buffermode >1< /buffermode > and saved it.
Rebooted the pi.
Afterwards all kind of weird things started happen like message about failed to receive update and I could not open My OSMC anymore it would give an addon error instead.

Removed the advancedsettings.xml via ssh and rebooted again and things seem to be okay again. But problem still persists.

So not a good solution.

Correction: the more people that report it with evidence to support it is indeed an issue that is reproducible, the higher priority for devs to fix it. So far I’ve seen no evidence on your part to prove this isn’t a localised issue. You also have demonstrated no effort to resolve the problem yourself, despite the suggestions in this thread. Without logs, we cannot ascertain what the problem is.

Give it a rest.

No rest needed. Please unsubscribe me from your forum. This is not the place for me to be. Thought it would matter if I’d report here that I am having the dropouts in sound when playing music from the library as well. Bad idea I guess.

Please unsubscribe me a.s.ap. I will NOT ever come back here again.

Thank you

Try developing software only to have people constantly saying “me too”, “doesn’t work for me either”, “+1” and so on, with no useful information provided that might actually help to solve and get to the bottom of the problem, and no willingness provide any information that might help even when asked.

Even just saying “I tried the suggestions earlier in the thread and they didn’t help for me” would at least be useful information and a good starting point, given that some suggestions were already made earlier in the thread.

Yeah, we can get a bit frustrated and exasperated sometimes. :wink:

Open Source software is not just a one way street where developers spend all their free time making a free product for users that aren’t willing to contribute back, even to get their own problem solved.

Advice on how to make a useful support request (eg not just a “me too”) is clearly available on the wiki.

You then feign being insulted and attacked as an excuse not to provide any further co-operation (such as logs) to help solve your problem.

Well, your loss. Cheerio.

Listen man you don’t want people to report their problems. This whole OSMC thing seems a bit of a closed community and you are just an arrogant f*ucker who thinks he can be selective about who’s to be a member of it and who not. Well good luck to you and all of your friends on your “private” forum.

You should be thankful that I atleast took the trouble to register to the forum and tried to make you aware about the fact that there are more people that have a problem with the software, But you don’t want that oh no. You only want people to say good things about you and if do don’t do that they you start being an ashole and make them go away. So you can live you good live without being bordered by people complaining about things that dont work’on your software. Well I don’t even want to be a member of this shitty forum with arrogant assholes anymore please cancel my forum account and stop mailing me. Please delete my user account at this forum PLEASE DO!

Well, that’s just rude is what that is…