Playback of packed 3D (3D ISO)

Hi,

I want to clarify a few things here.

This plays a significant part in it. As @jamie says however – this is the 3D thread, and this is where the progress will be posted when it’s made.

It hasn’t been put on the back burner. But other things do crop up: such as Stretch issues; security vulnerabilities (have to be fixed immediately) and bug fixes (which are never planned).

Conversely, there are few 3D users, and no more 3D releases.

Both of your issues will be fixed, but you can’t pit other people’s issues against each other.
I’ve seen that with the audio thread tonight; despite a fix being available for the current state of audio, and it takes considerable time reminding users of why we can’t push the former fix immediately.

All issues are scored in terms of difficulty and demand. It is a difficult balance, but things do get fixed. I’m not running away and you’ll see that I do reply to every reported issue, daily.

Currently there’s nothing really interesting to report unless you want the technical details.

the procedure is:

• Working post process manager for 3D is needed. I remember on some older kernels this was borked; which is why Memphiz added support for SW fallback for 3D → 2D.

• Enable FP in amports

• Set 3D mode to ON (signalled with AV Infoframe). This is why auto 3D switching doesn’t work properly under AML.

• Set fp mode in sysfs (there’s a bug here, because AMLogic thinks the VIC mode is the same; so it needs to be reset twice).

• Need proper hints detection so that Kodi sets codec to VFORMAT_H264MVC and pre-header feading works for amcodec.

A good chunk of stuff goes on behind the scenes and isn’t always publicised or visible on GitHub. Some work had to be done on our buildserver to accomodate Stretch; and we needed to make sure we’d assure high availability for a large amount of traffic (inevitable with a large distribution upgrade).

Politely put, it wasn’t that.
I don’t mind responding to any questions. But asking me about Panasonic Blu-ray players and OSMC’s roadmap in the middle of an update is probably one for a quieter day.

Sam