Poll: Which Usenet binary downloader should be included in OSMC?

@sam_nazarko there is also one more that you guys overlooked

built on nodejs

Am I missing something or should couch potato be on here as well?
https://couchpota.to

Not in this topic. Couchpotato is just for movies and not tv shows

Oic, imo we should try to find some solution that’s all encompassing
Movies and tv, nzb and torrents…

Flexget comes to mind. They’ve been developing a web gui but I don’t know how far they’ve come.

I have it running on my osmc pi2, flawlessly, but it’s a pain to set up

But if polished gui isn’t top priority id recommend flexget

hsus u missed my most above

Lumus seems to be limited to Torrents which isnt useful for Usernet users

EDIT
Something strange seems to be happening with ‘quotations’ of other’s posts

You mean lumus? Actually I installed it last night, was a little barebones, but easy to install, in my opinion flexget is better though - many more choices for automation which I couldn’t find in lumus. But yes you’re right it does satisfy the all encompassing thing and also has a GUI that is easy to understand

im known for just saying “y” in posts :stuck_out_tongue:

I currently have SABnzdb installed on my Pi2 as my Usenet downloader. This is combined with Sickbeard, Couch Potato, and Headphones.

I cannot say that I have noticed any performance drain when either watching my media on the TV, or streaming it via VLC using Chorus.

I find that Sickbear is OK - however when a binary has missing articles, Sickbeard will always attempt to download the same failing NZB again. It means manually having to source a working NZB or the file directly.

I couldn’t wait anymore, manually installed Sickrage :stuck_out_tongue:

p.s. when creating a poll it might be handy with a “closing date” :wink:

Just a note regarding performance: I currently have Sonarr, SABnzbd and CouchPotato manually installed on the Vero and observed no significant impact (even with other skins than the OSMC standard) so far.

Flexget is obviously the best, allowing you to completely automate everything from tv shows to movies to file organisation to finding matching subtitles… On top of it: it does not need to run all the time, once a day is enough! Saving lots of resources.

And if you miss a UI, simply use trakt.tv! Great UI, even has a mobile site and an app. Flexget uses the Trakt API. I could provide a config file for Flexget that supports TV Shows, movies and subtitles while not having any links or user account details related to torrent or nzb sites. If a user wants they can add that via a personalised key file. This keeps the Flexget config completely generic.

1 Like

@sam_nazarko, do you have an eta for the program to be available in the app store?

@sam_nazarko Any news?

I have decided to try and include SickRage in the next update

Sam

3 Likes

I think you made the right choice since Sickrage has better torrent support and includes Subliminal, THE solution for automated bulk subtitle matching and downloading. I still prefer Flexget, it is less accessible (no UI) but it has even better usenet and torrent support, including subliminal and is much more lightweight (zero footprint, only once or twice a day, no background processes). I would like to help you out building an OSMC app for it.

Been using OSMC for a couple months. So amazed with it and the performance of Kodi on my pi. Sickrage made available through the app store would take this already fantastic system to the next level, for me.

Is there any kind of ETA for sickrage or would it be worth manually implementing it for the time being?

cheers

-Dave

Hi

Unfortunately I haven’t made any progress with this. I spoke to a SickRage developer but haven’t managed to progress with things.

Sam

i’m assuming similar for sabnzbd and sonarr?