Poll: Which Usenet binary downloader should be included in OSMC?

We could include sabNZBD or Sonar without too many problems. SickRage was highly approved of (as evidenced above), so I made that my priority.

Sam

Understood…i’ll wait for sonarr since the community wants sickrage first, but surely everyone wants sabNZBD? :smiley:

Poorly phrased on my part: sabnzbd is no problem; the decision of Sickbeard / Sonar and Sickrage is more interesting…

Sam

so sadnzbd soon then?:sweat_smile: and i’m assuming eventually the app store will have a choice of apps after you add them based on priority? I.e. sickbeard, sickrage AND Sonarr?

Yes

I’m losing time to Apple TV and Vero 2 for now, but it’s all planned.

Cheers

Sam

When will sickrage be available in the app store?

I don’t think it will actually. I spoke with SickRage’s lead developer but never got anywhere with integrating it. It seems that their developers have suffered from some infighting and there are now a variety of forks

That’s too bad! I was following that project and thought about switching from Flexget to SickRage.

How about integrating Flexget? Should hopefully be fairly easy. I could provide a generic config.yml that needs a secrets.yml which contains the user-specific information. The config.yml will use trakt.tv as frontend/UI so users can add their shows and movies at trakt.tv.

I’m not too familiar with these applications, but as you say it should be simple. If you can provide the config.yml, you may wish to look at packaging the App itself.

I will try and revisit the App Store in January after Vero 2 and Jarvis land

Sam

I am absolutely willing to do the packaging… is there some documentation to get started?

Alas no, but if you check out something like ‘transmission-app-osmc’, you may be able to work out how the Transmission torrent client is packaged.

I’d be happy to help give you pointers as well, and it would be good to have someone around that is experienced with creating packages for OSMC.

Sam

NZBget tbh. It’s less bloated and resource hungry than sabnzbd.

Can you give us an update to this poll? Is it over or still running??
Also these 3 options aren’t usenet binary downloaders more like tv show managers.
The 2 downloaders I know about are sabnzbd and nzbget.
I would like to see nzbget as downloader and the current poll-winner sickrage as manager.
Little hint if you in fact plan to include sickrage in the osmc store:
There are two github branches:

It seems that all but one dev moved to the second one without the “TV” in it due to internal problems.

How things looking for this? any ETA or has it lost momentum?

The App Store has been resigned further down my ToDo list, but I will add more applications in the future

Once again sorry for bumping this old threads but is there currently a all in one usenet downloader/ unpacker available on OSMC ? I’m waiting for my vero 4k is and it would be nice if i could add nzb files from home remotely to my 4k and have the files unpacked and ready when i want to watch them.

Not yet – we’re redeveloping the App Store, then we’ll start revisiting what should be included. I don’t see why we can’t add more than one downloader in the future.

There are some HOWTOs on how to install some, I believe.

Sam