Problem accessing OSMC by SSH

Hi, first sorry for my english :wink:

I access OSMC by SSH inside my home network with wifi and outside my home by no-ip. It works for me until a few days when suddenly the user and password when I acces outside my home doesn’t work. I access wirh no problem by wifi, but outside when OSMC ask for user and password to logon I cant access.

Any idea? Thanks.

Did you verified that your no-ip still points to the correct IP?

Thanks, I access correctly from no-ip in ‘transmission remote’ so the problem is in ssh, but dont know why.

Confirmed the port is forwarding correctly?

Yes, the port is forwarding correctly. If I disable it the there is no connection. If I enabled, it connects but can’t access because user and password is incorrect. If I acces inside my WIFI everything is ok.

I don´t know what to do.

I’m really not sure how this can be an OSMC issue since there has been no change to SSH and you can still connect from wifi. It is certainly an issue with your portforwarding or no-ip config.

Login from wifi and run sudo journalctl -f. With that running try to login from remote and see if you get a connection request.
That will show you if your port forwarding works and might also show you what the problem is.

Thanks.

I get this message in PuTTY: “No supported authentication methods available (server sent: publickey, keyboard interactive”

I had the same problem. I have reinstalled the ssh service from My OSMC.

Hi, can you tell me how you did it? Thanks.

Sorry for delayed answer.
You need to go from main menu to “My OSMC” (if you don`t have it, you need to go to “Programs” where you will have it). Picture no. 1.
Open the App store, the shopping basket icon. Picture no2.
Select and click on “SSH server”. Picture no 3.
From left lower corner select “uninstall”. Picture no. 4.
You will see in top right corner some activity and when its finished will show a message that its successfully uninstalled. Restart the RPi and do again the steps from above but you will have to select on step 4 from lower left cornet “install”. Let rpi to install and after the message with succesfully install restart rpi. Try now to access through SSH. :slight_smile:

http://imgur.com/a/0YkJS

Thanks. It works and now I can access by ssh outside my home, thanks.

You’re welcome :slight_smile: I hope this will help others with same problem

If you have opened SSH from outside your LAN then make sure you’ve changed the default password