Problem after latest update with Vero4K+

Hi,
I could try it out a few minutes ago.
Yes it seems to be the same issue. My Denon receiver does not change the input but if I change to another input and back to the one connected to the Vero the display comes back. The file is already playing.

That is really strange. I hope you can do something about it.

Iā€™m still looking in to it.
I am sure we will get it solved. I need to work out what changes are causing this.

1 Like

I recently connected my Vero directly to my Hisense h9F instead of into my 8 year old Pioneer receiverā€¦the picture dropouts havenā€™t happened sinceā€¦

Hi,

i have something new to the issue.
This time it happened when I was trying to start the addon menu (which contains ā€œUser Addonā€, ā€œlast upadetedā€, from Repository" etc.). I could go back with the return key though.
Really strange.

When you say ā€œreturn keyā€ you do mean the return button and not the ā€œhomeā€ button correct? I ask because if you press the home button a few times with the OSMC remote it will send a CEC command that the back button does not.

Hi,

yes I mean the return button. I have not tried the home button. And maybe I should say that I have disabled both CEC on my Samsung TV and HDMI control on my Denon.

1 Like

Hi,
anything new?

I have to add another observation. The last 6 times i happened, the return button did not solve the problem. It did navigate in the menu (with blackscreen) but to bring the screen back I had to use the stop button. Today I had to start a file 5 times to get it to play, although other episodes of that series did not cause issues 1 minute earlier. It happened as well while I was playing a folder of files via shuffle. Before a random file the screen turned black and the file did not play.

I hope you can use this data to find the error causing the issue.

I canā€™t reproduce this issue at all.
When you started the file 5 times, could you hear sound and just had no picture?

hm thatā€™s really bad. Except for that issue, the player has been perfect for my needs but this issue does annoy me a lot. Especially if it means I canā€™t use shuffle because it will stop randomly because of the issue. The player seems to send a signal to the receiver but I do not understand what kind of signal because the receiver is not changing input or something. Is there any setting within the OSMC menu or Kodi that could cause this?

no, there was no sound as well

If there is no sound, I donā€™t think itā€™s the same issue others reported and it would be good to see new debug logs.

yeah sure. How do I get debug logs? Do you mean the kodi one or is there a special one for the Vero?

thanks. Iā€™m still not very familiar with the command stuff so I will try to reproduce the issue within the next days and upload the logs and media info from my laptop afterwards.

Hi sam,

I used the OSMC Log Uploader and it told me
https://paste.osmc.tv/etuhitikog
What do I do with this information?

Regarding the error. I tried to start the playback of some Music video files (mp4 and mkv) and the screen turned black and no sound was played. I had to press the stop button to return to the kodi. The problem happened with all kind of files. Old avi, mkv, mp4 with 264 and 265 etc. So I do not know from which file I should give you a mediinfo log. It seems to be a general problem not related to a specific codec.

Do you need any more log or so?

Have you tried plugging your Vero directly into your display to see if the issue persists with you AVR taken out of the loop?

hi, no I havenā€™t. I can try it, but the AVR seems not do change at all when the problem happens. And would that make a difference? I still would ask you to find a solving because just at the TV the Vero Player would be useless without 5.1 etc and I never had that problem with any other Media Player on that AVR before. But let me check it out first.

It would serve to narrow down what the issue is. The OP of this thread, along with one or two other users seem to have some issue with running their Veroā€™s through their AVR after the last update. You have the same manufacture as them but a year newer.

ah ok I understand. I tried it and I was not able to reproduce the issue with the Vero 4k directly connected to the Samsung TV.

After you said that with several Denons I googled a bit. In the Kodi forum several people do have the same issue. It seems to be a problem between older Denon receivers and Linux. Thatā€™s why it never happened to me with my Android Player. Unfortunately it seems that there is no 100% fix.
It would be nice of course if you still have a look into the log files, but it is probably nothing that you could fix within osmc.