Problem after latest update with Vero4K+

Are older versions of OSMC OK?
If they are, then there is no reason why we shouldn’t be able to resolve this.

Sam

Sorry but I can’t tell you. I got my Vero 4k on the current version. I’ve never used OSMC before.

When did you order?
We usually lag the release version we burn on to devices by a couple of months so we don’t ship potential regressions.

Cheers

Sam

I got it as a gift in April and the first thing I did was updating because I read in the forum that there were some bugfixes,

January OSMC is the last version that’s good with my Marantz AVR.

do you have the same problem where the screen goes black and neither video nor sound is played or do you only have the black screen?

My issues with March OSMC via the Marantz AVAR are discussed extensively in this thread. On a random basis, a playback start or stop event (and sometime even just booting to the Kodi GUI) will trigger full loss of display/sound. However, if this happens when I start playback, playback is in progress, since if I put the AVR in stand-by and bring it back, or switch the AVR input to another source then back to the Vero, the display is recovered and it’s clear that playback has been in progress in the meantime. This does not happen with a March OSMC Pi connected to the same AVR via the same input with the same HDMI cable. The only fix for the Vero at present is to back-down to January OSMC

I am still looking in to that – but it’s difficult to work out what change has caused this issue for you.

Here’s a debug log of when it happens for me: https://paste.osmc.tv/yowiyabahi.
The only video files this happens reproducably for me are this demo and this demo. Other DV demos work just fine. The passthrough settings in my logs seem weird; my default profile, “plex native” has all of the audio passthrough settings enabled, but they don’t show up like that in the log.

I’m using a Vero 4K with the latest stable update connected to a Samsung HW-Q90R, connected to an LG B9.