Problem with Nvidia Driver (API mismatch)

Hi,

Unfortunately I’m not really choosing to discontinue the AppleTV project. It’s more that I have no other option.

• The device is ten years old and no longer meets the requirements for smooth GUI performance or playback. Content has become more demanding, and Kodi now requires beefier hardware for a smooth GUI alone.
  • It’s become extremely difficult to maintain:
    • Official Kodi support was dropped three years ago
    • Apple dropped support eight years ago
  • There are very few users on this platform; but it takes the most of my time to maintain

It upsets me to do this because AppleTV is where it all began for me. I kept it going for as long as possible (eight years after Apple discontinued support) and many years after Team XBMC / Kodi dropped support.

For the long term, I recommend Vero 4K. It will be supported for a minimum of five years; which is a long time for any device. If you like my work on AppleTV and want to keep supporting OSMC, then it’s a good choice. It will be an asounding upgrade coming from an Apple TV.

Realistically – I don’t want to ship you something that’s slow and can’t keep up with modern playback and GUI requirements. The source will still be there, and old Downloads will remain up for some time, but Kodi v18 will be a no go for Apple TV.

Best

Sam

1 Like