Question for everyone: what are your favourite Kodi add-ons?

As a relative newcomer to Kodi, I suspect it is capable of all sorts of things I’m not even aware of. I’d like people to use this thread to mention any Kodi add-ons or extensions that they particularly like or find especially useful. Maybe everyone can get some fresh ideas!

EDIT: please don’t just mention the names of the add-ons you use - explain what they do and why you like them as well. :slight_smile:

1 Like

As someone that uses only uses the vero to play media I feed to it with usb and only uses Twitch, YouTube and subtitle addons i feel as if I’m not even scratching veros potencial.

I’d love to love to know what can be done

Tell us about Twitch.

I probably use iPlayer and PSVue the most.
PSVue you obviously need a subscription for.

Twitch.tv is the biggest game streaming platform on the internet

The add on allows you to sign up with your own token and basically navigate as you would on the website. The only thing is that the addon is a bit hard to navigate if you use the remote.

Plays 1080p@60fps fine if that’s the streamer is offering.
Don’t know if chat is supported would have to connect with a keyboard to find out

CinemaVision is the best add-on, but unfortunately the Vero 4K / OSMC doesn’t play nice with it at the moment.

I’m glad you like it but It does sound kind of gimmicky after all who wants to willingly watch movie trailers ? Its the worst part of going to the public cinema for me. You get all those spoilers you didn’t ask for.

It’s for more than just trailers. Before the main feature it plays movie trivia slides as I’m making the popcorn, plays bumpers, personal home theater intros and dims/turns off the theater’s Hue lighting. If I have to pause the movie for any reason it automatically turns the light on and shuts them off when I resume.

1 Like

I might sound boring but I like the picture slideshow addon so that when my device is idle it triggers a screensaver of all my movie artwork

Well on my vero4k, i’ve got Viaplay(scandinavian “netflix”), Netflix, Youtube, Spotify, Transmission client, rTorrent client and my own Xwindows-chromium OSMC addon.

In additin to running Kodi, it runs Nextcloud, Pihole(with modifications to run on OSMC), rtorrent, tranmission, irssi, VNC server. Still have 1GB ram available.

My OSMC :wink:

The idea is not just to list the add-ons you use, but also to describe what they do and why you like them. :slight_smile:

(Original post edited to reflect this!)

trakt.tv since its tracking my media consumption for ages and saved my watch and history more than one time due to a fucked up db and or upgrade!

In addition to some of the ones already mentioned, I rely a lot on Unpause Jumpback. It rewinds whatever you were watching back by xx seconds, after it has been paused for yy seconds. Invaluable when my friend has to go to the bathroom in the middle of a movie and takes 2 minutes to do so, and then we all have to be reminded of what just happened previously.

3 Likes

Backup - haven’t tried built in in a long time, started using due to some additional options

Pandoki - for my Pandora premium subscription

Ted - great for my kids and I

Recalbox launcher - for jumping into my dual boot for retro fun

And OSMC skin for fantastic customizable screens

2 Likes

In no particular order:-
I’ll start with what is pretty much a niche addon which is ESPN Player (subscription required and not to be confused with the main ESPN addon),
this is a great for fans of American college sports who live outside the USA, although in my case I’m only a fan of college football so this is soon to be retired for me until next September, but it offers bitrates far in excess of what’s available on the ESPN Player website giving a great broadcast quality HD viewing experience.

Next I use the Apple iTunes Podcast addon a lot to listen to my favourite podcasts without the need of having an Apple ID or account.

The YouTube addon also gets used a lot in my humble abode but not in the way most people would use it, its sole use here is for watching trailers for the many movies in my local library.

Back on the sporting front I also use the Eurosport Player addon which is much better than viewing through the website or the Fire TV app as it gives streams in 720P at 50 fps rather than the 25 fps on offer the last time I used the other methods.

Last but definitely not least is IplayerWWW which must be my most used addon, I far prefer using this addon for watching or listening to BBC content than the homogenised way Iplayer content is served up on every other device known to mankind lol.

I used to use the NFL Gamepass addon a lot but sadly it hasn’t been updated for a while and now fails to work so I’m forced to use the Fire TV app which is a goodish substitute.

1 Like

I just installed pause jumpback on my vero 4k+ and it works as intended but it seems that when the audio cuts out for 10-15 sec when I press play again which basically makes the addon irrelevant. Does this happen to other people too?

@sam_nazarko same thing that happens if you rewind instead of skip forward and backward with the forward and backward keys on the vero remote during playback.

Tested with but happens with other media too.

ideo
ID : 1
Format : AVC
Format/Info : Advanced Video Codec
Format profile : High@L4.1
Format settings : CABAC / 4 Ref Frames
Format settings, CABAC : Yes
Format settings, ReFrames : 4 frames
Codec ID : V_MPEG4/ISO/AVC
Duration : 59 min 1 s
Bit rate : 11.5 Mb/s
Width : 1 920 pixels
Height : 1 080 pixels
Display aspect ratio : 16:9
Frame rate mode : Constant
Frame rate : 25.000 FPS
Color space : YUV
Chroma subsampling : 4:2:0
Bit depth : 8 bits
Scan type : Progressive
Bits/(Pixel*Frame) : 0.221
Stream size : 4.73 GiB (97%)
Writing library : x264 core 155 r2901 7d0ff22
Encoding settings : cabac=1 / ref=4 / deblock=1:0:0 / analyse=0x3:0x113 / me=hex / subme=8 / psy=1 / psy_rd=1.00:0.00 / mixed_ref=1 / me_range=16 / chroma_me=1 / trellis=2 / 8x8dct=1 / cqm=0 / deadzone=21,11 / fast_pskip=1 / chroma_qp_offset=-2 / threads=18 / lookahead_threads=3 / sliced_threads=0 / nr=0 / decimate=1 / interlaced=0 / bluray_compat=0 / constrained_intra=0 / bframes=3 / b_pyramid=2 / b_adapt=1 / b_bias=0 / direct=3 / weightb=1 / open_gop=0 / weightp=2 / keyint=250 / keyint_min=25 / scenecut=40 / intra_refresh=0 / rc_lookahead=50 / rc=crf / mbtree=1 / crf=17.0 / qcomp=0.60 / qpmin=0 / qpmax=69 / qpstep=4 / ip_ratio=1.40 / aq=1:1.00
Default : Yes
Forced : No
Color range : Limited
Color primaries : BT.709
Transfer characteristics : BT.709
Matrix coefficients : BT.709

Audio
ID : 2
Format : AC-3
Format/Info : Audio Coding 3
Commercial name : Dolby Digital
Codec ID : A_AC3
Duration : 59 min 1 s
Bit rate mode : Constant
Bit rate : 384 kb/s
Channel(s) : 6 channels
Channel layout : L R C LFE Ls Rs
Sampling rate : 48.0 kHz
Frame rate : 31.250 FPS (1536 SPF)
Bit depth : 16 bits
Compression mode : Lossy
Stream size : 162 MiB (3%)
Language : English
Service kind : Complete Main
Default : Yes
Forced : No

Meh maybe I should open a new thread

FF/RW is quite broken in Kodi

Do you think this will get any improvements in v18 ?

No – I don’t think so