RASBERRY PI 2 UPDATE ERROR: script failed: call_parent.py

I get the folllwing error message when trying to update my pi2 alpha 4

script failed: call_parent.py

any fix or suggestions would be very much appreciated

thanks in advance

keith

Hi Keith,

We would need to see a Kodi debug log. To do this, go into Settings->System->Debugging and turn on Enable debug logging. Then restart so Kodi starts a fresh log.

Try to reproduce the problem, then log in with ssh and run the following command to upload a copy of your kodi log:

paste-log /home/osmc/.kodi/temp/kodi.log

Also could you paste the current versions of the osmc packages you have installed. You can do that like this:

dpkg -l | grep osmc | paste-log

Getting this same error on my PiB as of today. Ran sudo apt-get update and sudo apt-get upgrade and started after that - strange.

http://paste.osmc.io/oholotubuy.coffee

http://paste.osmc.io/asotolocoq

Hope this helps

Seems to be this error now (Line 680):

12:36:26 T:2899584032   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                         - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
                                        Error Type: <type 'exceptions.ValueError'>
                                        Error Contents: day is out of range for month
                                        Traceback (most recent call last):
                                          File "/usr/share/kodi/addons/script.module.osmcsetting.updates/service.py", line 38, in <module>
                                            m = update_service.Main()
                                          File "/usr/share/kodi/addons/script.module.osmcsetting.updates/resources/lib/update_service.py", line 124, in __init__
                                            self.scheduler = sched.SimpleScheduler(self.s)
                                          File "/usr/share/kodi/addons/script.module.osmcsetting.updates/resources/lib/simple_scheduler.py", line 19, in __init__
                                            self.set_trigger()
                                          File "/usr/share/kodi/addons/script.module.osmcsetting.updates/resources/lib/simple_scheduler.py", line 57, in set_trigger
                                            self.trigger_time = self.set_trigger_time( right_now.replace(day=new_day) )
                                        ValueError: day is out of range for month

There is also this error (Line 937):

12:36:50 T:2636166176   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                         - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
                                        Error Type: <class 'socket.error'>
                                        Error Contents: (2, 'No such file or directory')
                                        Traceback (most recent call last):
                                          File "/usr/share/kodi/addons/script.module.osmcsetting.updates/resources/lib/call_parent.py", line 18, in <module>
                                            sock.connect(address)
                                          File "/usr/lib/python2.7/socket.py", line 224, in meth
                                            return getattr(self._sock,name)(*args)
                                        error: (2, 'No such file or directory')
                                        -->End of Python script error report<--

Doesn’t it like a 28 day month?

Wasn’t the manual updating and upgrade as it’s working on the Pi2. Any ideas @sam_nazarko or @DBMandrake.

Thank you

Just hang out for a bit dude.

The guys are busy working on getting a release candidate ready.

1 Like

Yep - fair point…forgot all about that.

It’s fixed. Not quite sure what happened…

I had Update Schedule set to Check Daily at 6am. Now that setting somehow didn’t stick or get saved.

I reset it to Check Daily at 6am. Rebooted the PiB and it all came good again…phew!

Still working ?

Hi @DBMandrake I am having a similar issue with Vero, what do you suggest? Should I follow your request made above to Keith about Kodi log? Thanks.

I have reset my update schedule to the default settings, saved it, and then ran a manual update. This worked :slight_smile: no more error. @sam_nazarko this closes my issue that I emailed you with today. If it happens again I will create logs and send them to you and your team. Thanks.

My pi2 got this error today after upgrade to final:
http://paste.osmc.io/ufemamogul

If you can connect a keyboard to your Pi boot with CTRL and SHIFT keys held down until you see the blue update screen.

If you can’t do this log in with ssh and run:

sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get -f dist-upgrade
reboot

A reboot seems to have fixed it.