Raspberry Pi 2 released with OSMC support

My mount options look like this:

ro,hard,intr,noauto,x-systemd.automount,x-systemd.device-timeout=10,timeo=14

Hope that helps. Sorry for the belated reply.

Just got RPI2 and noticed that OSMC had PI 2 support. Since I was always a fan of Raspmc, I thought Iā€™d give it a try.
It seems to be impressively stable so far and quit a bit faster than Raspmc on the original Pi. I got the decode keys for MPEG and VC-1. MPEG seems to work great but VC-1 doesnā€™t seem to be working at this time. Iā€™m sure youā€™ll get it worked out soon, but I wanted to let you know. Keep up the good work!

Thanks

VC1 decoding is working for me - make sure you have entered the license code correctly. You can check in the OSMC settings addon whether the license keys have activated or not.

Also, just to make sure: You did purchase new licenses for the Pi2, right?
The license is tied to the specific device.

If you didnĀ“t, mpeg should software decode with Helix and DVDPlayer quite well now so it might work without it.

I tried the MPEG2 (on a 1080p video) before I put in my newly purchased keys, and and after. Before the key, it was very jerky, afterward it was smooth. With VC-1 (again 1080p video) there seemed to be no improvement. VC-1 was essentially unplayable. Only a small percentage of my library is VC-1 encoded though, so I can wait.

Wait for what? Did you confirm that the VC1 codec is entered and activated?

Hang on,

The VC1 key is for VC1 content and is separate to MPEG2. Iā€™m probably stating the obvious here, but you seem like you may have the two mixed up

S

It shouldnĀ“t be a problem so it is most likely that the issue is at your end.
If you have added the VC1 lisence, run the following command via SSH to see if it is enabled:

vcgencmd codec_enabled WVC1

If it says disabled something is wrong e.g. you have entered the wrong key.
If it says enabled you should post mediainfo and a debug log here, or even better share a snippet of the file you have problems with for others to test.

Thanks for all the feedback folks. I checked in the OSMC settings and both MPEG and WVC1 were enabled. I updated my OSMC, still VC-1s were unplayable. All of my VC-1 encoded video is from some of my old HD-DVDs which I have remuxed because I have no other way to play them on my TV. All are encoded with Dolby Digital Plus. Since my amp will decode any format, I turned on HDMI pass-through. For trouble-shooting purposes, I turned off HDMI pass-through. Now my VC-1 videos play fine. So apparently the issue is with HDMI pass-through, not VC-1 decoding. Iā€™ll do some more testing to see if the issue is with HDMI pass-through in general or just DD+.

I have to disable DD and DD+ pass-through. I can leave on DTS pass-through and it works fine. I must say the software decoding of multichannel sound works very well though.

Got my Pi2 this morning, OSMC installed and updated without issue. All working beautifully so far.

Thank you very much!

:sunny:

p.s. I bought the codecs and they work.

Does the RPi2 have enough power to playback encrypted Blu-Ray discs via USB-Blu-Ray drive? Maybe even reencode DD+/DTS HD Master to DD/DTS?

No need to re-encode, these tracks have a core.

And yes, should be fine.

Hi,

Actually, the Vero is a Cubox-i with a customized enclosureā€¦ The hardware originally comes from www.solid-run.comā€¦

I myself own a Hummingboard wich has the same MicroSOM as the Cubox-i4pro (4 cores, 2gb/64bit).
The problem is that there is just little support for those who want a little bit more then just a standard configurationā€¦
It runs Android (JB), some custom distros of Debian, OpenElec and GeeXboXā€¦ If you want something else, you got to search trough the whole internet just finding the right libs for the Vivante GPU chipā€¦ And when you finally get them, try not to corrupt them with the standard GL/EGL libs wich come with most distrosā€¦

If youā€™re a rookie in doing something nice and experimenting with these microcomputers (like i am) you should stick with the Piā€¦
Believe me, i speak from experienceā€¦ I own a Pi B, Pi 2 and a HB i4ā€¦ And i regret i bought the HB ($150 for just the HB-carrier and the i4Pro MicroSOM)

The Vero has all the development libraries and headers installable with a single apt-get line. These libraries enable EGL support.

Iā€™m not sure of the software support on CuBox-i, but for Vero itā€™s a different story. The whole point of the Vero is that everything just works out of the box. And it does.

Until you actually own a Vero and try it I donā€™t think itā€™s fair to base our product on a different one.

S

1 Like