Raspberry Pi 2 -- US -- Amazon Prime?

I’ve tried looking at other threads and they appear to have unusable ‘zip’ add on’s that only work in UK (maybe I’ve done too much reading) – I tested several and I keep getting the error that the zip is not in correct format albiet a day or two ago (from most recent post) someone confirmed it worked succesfully in Germany (google translate). originally I thought it broke because their addon went to something other than amazon.com like amazon.de however I wasn’t able to add the zip in the first place.

my question is if anyone is aware of a US add on capable of connecting to Amazon Prime. if anyone has a recommendation for the US please let me know.

some additional details: using OSCM – Confluence skin – willing to try anything to get this working.

This is the thread you should be reading:
http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=215255

Towards the end is this quote “Too clarify before anyone asks… No, it does not work properly in the U.S.”.
Note: the country you are in shouldn’t affect installing the zip file (that is probably just a bad zip file),
but Amazon may use geolocation to restrict streaming to IP addresses in certain countries.
The solution is usually a VPN based in an allowed country.

But read the Amazon Prime thread for the real info.

funny that is the thread I went through, and also the repo where I tried to install however osmc says its not formatted correctly. the only file in his repo is an addon.xml. I am still very much a noob with this however with the format below I am not sure all of the files he requires are still in his repo.

repository.addonscriptorde-beta.zip\repository.addonscriptorde-beta\addon.xml

in regards to the VPN and streaming, I’m sure I can figure that out once I can get the repo added and the add-on installed.

you mention an amazon prime thread, are you referring to the following → Amazon Prime Video on OSMC (Raspberry Pi 2)
??

Download the zip file linked in the kodi thread:
https://code.google.com/p/addonscriptorde-beta-repo/downloads/detail?name=repository.addonscriptorde-beta.zip&can=2&q=
You install that (settings/add-ons and install from zip file).
That will be the repo. You should then find the Amazon Prime add-on in the video add-ons inside “AddonScriptorDE’s Beta Repo”.

I’d just like to point out that the zip does not install correctly… if there is a verified version of the zip can it be transferred on this forum or thread?