RC install freezes at 10%

Same issue here, in answer to your questions:

1. Yes,
  2. Mac installer (OS X 10.10.3 Beta)
  3. SD Card
  4. Pi Model b 256MB

Same SD Card, power source and everything else that I have been using all along for Raspbmc and now OSMC. Fresh install on the card when testing update.

1. Yes
  2. Mac AND Windows
  3. SD
  4. PI model A

Same SD card and power-supply i’ve been using since the the first versions of Raspbmc. And no other peripherals connected.

Does adding gpu_mem=16 to the config.txt file on the SD card after imaging before inserting the SD into the Pi for the first time help (i.e. before you run the installer)?

S

Getting no output signal to display with gpu_mem=16 added, but can see LED activity on the board (Edit looks like it’s not booting)

Test gpu_mem=32 maybe?

1 Like

with gpu_mem=32 i got signal to display, and installation is progressing further than where it would get stuck. So currently looking good.

Edit: Installation completed successfully

Same so far… Will let you know when it has finished installing!

gpu_mem=32
seems to have helped for me.
Was stuck and is now progressing further.
SD/Wired/Windows/RPIB

Worked perfectly! All setup and working fine.

My setup was different:

1. Yes
  2. Linux
  3. SD
  4. Pi Model B 512mb

I won’t be able to try the gpu_mem edit until later, but I will report back.

I had the same problem with freezing during install.
I have a PI model A 256MB
I added to config.txt gpu_mem=32
now working ok

@DBMandrake -> I was guesstimating the 10% based on the position of the progress bar.

@ActionA -> gpu_mem=32 seems to have worked for me as well. Thank you.

Worked - thanks!

Hi

This should be fixed in

I’ll also look at improvements to reduce the target installer’s memory consumption. For now it would be great if someone who’s had this problem to test this image:

http://download.osmc.tv/installers/diskimages/OSMC_TGT_rbp1_20150316.img.gz

(you can still use the official OSMC installer. Just select ‘Local Image’ and browse to this).

Thanks

Sam

Hey Sam,

I can’t seem to download the image from the link you provided. It redirects to http://46.37.189.135/osmc/download/installers/diskimages/OSMC_TGT_rbp1_20150316.img.gz and that URL returns a 404 Not Found status.

This link is working for me. Can you try it now (the mirror was likely not synchronised in time)

Thanks

S

The link works now, thanks for checking up on this!

Hi Sam.

That new image didn’t work. After I flash it using the windows installer, I put it back into my Windows PC and there are only 3 files (filesystem.tar.xz, kernel.img, preseed.cfg). No config.txt, etc. When I put it in my RPi it wouldn’t boot, I just got the red power light, no green/activity lights.

I have flashed the RC build from yesterday, added gpu_mem=32, and it looks to be working now (installer is around 75%).

1. Windows installer (downloaded at time of RC release)
  2. Windows
  3. SD - tried 3 different cards, saw no difference in results between the 3.
  4. Pi Model B 256MB.
    Power supply is the RS one, which I know isn’t the best but has worked fine in RaspBMC. Also tried a 1A PSU and different cable and got the same results.

I’d also like to add that I also had this issue with my Pi B 256MB with OSMC RC. There were no issues with A4.

Standard image would stall at 10% mark.
Adding gpu_mem=32 to config file has allowed it to install.

However, the main menu screen, the text is huge comapred to Alpha 4. Is this intentional? Previously, all the option (Videos, Music, Power etc) all fit on the screen. And now they’re massive and only a few fit on screen and you have to scroll to see the others. Much prefer the old way if this is a change, perhaps theres an option?

Same here with my RBP1 256MB version.
The OSMC_TGT_rbp1_20150316.img.gz image doesn’t work at all.
gpu_mem=32 with the RC worked though.

I find it good that the installation doesn’t require network or internet access any more!