[RC] Wireless dongle fails to connect to network

Hi,

I have the first gen Raspberry PI, a mouse (no keyboard) and a EDIMAX EW-7811UN USB Wireless dongle. I installed OSMC RC successfully on the SD card. Now, I want to connect the pi to my local encrypted WiFi network via the EDIMAX USB dongle (ethernet is not an option because I do not have access to the router).

When I enter the OSMC’s Wireless setup screen I see the desired network in the list on the right side, so I guess that the EDIMAX dongle works. Then I click on the network’s name and as expected a popup shows up asking me to enter the password for the network. I enter the password by clicking on letters and numbers one by one with the mouse and finally click apply. Then the popup disappears and after a few seconds a message appears on top saying that “Connection to the network has failed”.

Can you please help me to resolve this? No logs available as I cannot connect to pi via network because the dongle does not work. So I am stuck now.

Thanks,
Reinis

I had the same problem. I don’t know how I fixed it, but I just kept trying and about the seventh time I entered the password it worked.

OSMC uses a newer version of the linux kernel, but apparently a lot of the wifi drivers are very flaky.
See this thread: [RC] - Added WIFI adapter support requests - Official topic
(I have to add this text because I just posted a similar thing to another post, and it thinks I’m spamming.)

Any other advice? Actually, I could get the log file when inserting the SD card into my laptop. Can anyone, please, point to the location of the log file?

Thanks

These might answer that -