Received OSMC wifi-ac adapter - ISSUES

tested all VHT80 channels available in ddwrt, no one working, example for the last one 64 = https://paste.osmc.tv/homamulume

so I tested again VTH20 and channel 52 but not working today… (XD it’s driving me mad) = https://paste.osmc.tv/ejezumixof

Such a big waste of time for my holidays :frowning:

try simple swith wirelessmode 11(working) to 14(not working)

ep 28 19:10:25 chambreparent connmand[243]: wlan0 {add} address 192.168.1.23/24 label wlan0 family 2
Sep 28 19:10:25 chambreparent connmand[243]: wlan0 {add} route 192.168.1.0 gw 0.0.0.0 scope 253
Sep 28 19:10:25 chambreparent connmand[243]: wlan0 {add} route 192.168.1.1 gw 0.0.0.0 scope 253
Sep 28 19:10:25 chambreparent connmand[243]: wlan0 {add} route 212.227.81.55 gw 192.168.1.1 scope 0

when it’s working we can see the last line added,

I guess it’s relative but I m noob on these kind of things

Sorry for not replying yesterday but I had no time to visit the forum.

Just to be clear, are you saying that wirelessmode 11 is now working, since just three days ago you said the client wasn’t detected with wirelessmode 11?

A bit of a long shot, but change the line in /etc/connman.conf from

PreferredTechnologies=ethernet,wifi

to

PreferredTechnologies=wifi,ethernet

and then reboot.

No improvement after this change

Just to be clear, are you saying that wirelessmode 11 is now working, since just three days ago you said the client wasn’t detected with wirelessmode 11?

if ddwrt in AC only mode, wireless mode 11, can’t auth and client is not listed on ddwrt status interface ( https://paste.osmc.tv/simawayusi ). That’s why I switched all tests in AC-N mixed mode to perform tests

I think we’ve exhausted most possibilities. I looked at the DD-WRT forum and the X6/R8000 thread has a very large number of posts, and clearly the builds have had quite a few issues in the past, including with repeater-bridge mode.

We know that AC-only mode isn’t working on your X6 in repeater-bridge mode and causes a large number of wifi driver error messages in the system journal. These error messages seem to be specific to your set-up (X6 running DD-WRT) so, as I earlier said, the router seems to be sending some data value(s) and/or sequence(s) that the driver isn’t able to handle.

It seems that the problem is either with AC itself on the router or with AC in repeater-bridge mode. My own hunch is that it’s the latter, but either way it doesn’t seem to be working with your particular set-up.

Unfortunately, I’m unable to offer any further suggestions, since the root cause seems to be an incompatibility between the OSMC dongle’s wifi driver and the DD-WRT build for the X6.

Ok thx for all your support but if it’ simply an issue with ddwrt, why it doesnt work with the second router which was not in repeater bridge?

tu usb driver mediatek on linux is the faulty part on my view.

It’s a fair question that I’m unable to answer. With computers, the devil is usually in the detail and I have nothing to work with except for the small snippet of log that you posted.

I will flash my netgear X6 with the netgear firmware to test this weekend. I will let you know if it will fix my problem.

1 Like

Ok so same issue with netgear firmware, I can connect in wirelessmode=11 butI get wifi N perf. streaming a bluray 1080p is laggy

It’s definitively driver limitation or issue. Can I be refund?

This is a long thread. Can you give me a summary of the issue you have?
Try add BackgroundScanning=false to /etc/connman.conf

Sam

hello @sam_nazarko, yes I already added BackgroundScanning= false.

Main problem is that this wifi dongle work only in wifi N mode on osmc. I can get it working as wifi AC on windows.

I tried ddwrt and netgear firmware on my router and tried another tplink wifi AC router. Same issue in three cases.

I tried different dongles (i bought 4) and same problem on each. All dongle work great on windows so it’s not harware fault.

I tried with and without powered usb hub on raspberry, same problem in both case.

osmc driver :
@> WirelessMode=value
value
0: legacy 11b/g mixed
1: legacy 11B only
2: legacy 11A only //Not support in RfIcType=1(id=RFIC_5225) and RfIcType=2(id=RFIC_5325)
3: legacy 11a/b/g mixed //Not support in RfIcType=1(id=RFIC_5225) and RfIcType=2(id=RFIC_5325)
4: legacy 11G only
5: 11ABGN mixed
6: 11N only
7: 11GN mixed
8: 11AN mixed
9: 11BGN mixed
10: 11AGN mixed

AC mode is not documented,

https://osmc.tv/store/product/802-11ac-wifi-dongle/

" * Guaranteed compatibility and easy setup with OSMC"

Big joke in my case… 50 livres for 4 dongles and working same speed than the onboard raspberry pi 3 wifi.

So how can I make it working in AC mode?

To connect to 802.11ac WiFi; I don’t need to change anything here.
I’m just using a VM SuperHub 2ac with standard settings.

Do the 802.11ac and 802.11n networks have different names?

Sam

13 is g/n/ac at 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz

Do the 802.11ac and 802.11n networks have different names?
Yes different name.

I will back working on it this week but still no luck to get it working even on fresh install

I dont understand what the first IP 10.0.0.0?
10.0.0.12 is static IP of my raspberry and 10.0.0.1 is the router IP

That’s the route
Looks like you have some DNS issues. What’s /etc/resolv.conf look like?

Sam

This is for 5ghz