Regarding Steamlink

Any news regarding other platforms that run OSMC? (like the Vero 4k+)

Can’t wait to be able to play my steam games on my TV without having to exit OSMC.

Sorry no news from the steam dev, the developement seem to have wind down for now so whats there is there.

But there is other good news for streaming games in the form of moonlight

perhaps something for @gmc to include in the test builds

Moonlight is unlikely to build. Looks like there is no maintenance going on with the last update over 2 years ago.

Excited to see this @Toast! Do you know if will likely work on a RPi 2B, or if a RPi 3 is needed?

sure will :slight_smile: the only place i can see it fail is with rpi1 due to the shitty soc

any luck with this? I’ve got an XBONE controller and looking to connect it

@Toast @ ooZee

I understand the latest steamlink for raspberry supports the proprietary dongle as well, is that correct?

1 Like

indeed it works, tried my remote without any issues

Got steamlink working on an Android install on another SBC (Pine64) but that’s Bluetooth only and it’s looking like Valve is putting their support mainly behind the raspberry. I like the idea of running it though OSMC but just wondering if there’s a performance hit compared to a dual-boot with a raspian stretch install?

no performance hit since my launcher terminates kodi before booting into steamlink and then when exiting steamlink boots up kodi.

1 Like

Thanks, OSMC now loaded on shiny-new raspberry pi 3 B+. I’ll work on configing it tonight :wink:

Just thought I’d update. It seems to be working quite well. Nice work :slight_smile: wish I had the skills to help contribute. Just a quick question though, if I added the steam repository (for raspbian), I assume I should be able to update steamlink periodically via apt-get without having to do anything with your script? (unless, of course, an update posts to GitHub).

dont add the steamlink raspbian repo since it can cause instalbiltiy, all you need is the installer from the thread it self updates after lauch to the latest update

Looks like version 0.0.5 is out there now. I assume I could just grab the .zip file and run it. (don’t need to grab the .deb from Steam again first). ?

correct

started bumping xbmc.python for python3 thats coming up in matrix (version 19) so for those that use matrix go for the repo zip instead of the releases zips that is if the release zip doesnt work

I don’t understand. How do I know if I “use matrix”? What is the difference between “repo.zip” and “release.zip”? Where do I find the “repo.zip”?

Ahh “Matrix” is Kodi 19…I’m still at 18.3. I presume you’re an official add on as of version 19?

im just preparing for the changes to come so once matrix hits im on top of that shit :smiley:

the major changes to kodi that’s coming up between version 18 and 19 is python 3 so all addons will be rewritten which will put alot of pressure on addon devs and those addons that are not updated will stop working.