Resolution change?

When it’s ready and tested. It’s a big update, and we are dealing with Stretch first.

OK. Thanks.

Any news?

Some testing was made available but the results weren’t ideal, so we left it for the moment

Any ETA? We have this scary black screen on every update :slight_smile:

I will revisit this

1 Like

Hi @sam_nazarko

During recent investigations into the colorspace issue, I tested the Vero 4K on an Asus monitor with a native 1440 x 900 @ 60 / 75hz (other tests were on a 1080p tv and a 1080p monitor)

I had assumed that, like the Raspberry Pi, any standard resolution would be supported, but discovered than only 720p and 1080p are available.

I noted in your reply to Anders last August (17th) that support had been added for ‘1440x900p60’. Perhaps something regressed in the past year.

Is this a limitation of the SoC? If not, can you point me to which fIle I need to edit to allow additional resolution options from Kodi/osmc?

Thanks,
RR

1 Like

It’s not a SoC limitation at all. With a valid modeline any display can be driven at its native resolution.

I have a patch for this which I’m revisiting to add support for VESA modes.

Sam

1 Like

Sounds good. Thanks as always for your outstanding support Sam.

Here was my original patch:

Needs a bit more work. But only two customers requested it in the last year, so I had to put it on the backburner.

Sam

1 Like

Yes. My observation exactly. I guess it all depends on what TV/Monitor you have. For us it is a minor gripe. Some UI items end up partly off-screen, like the pullout menu from PVR for example. Also there is no visible feedback during updates, which is sortof scary :slight_smile:

I am glad that Sam is working on it though.

2 Likes

1920x1200p60 is still a request from my side to properly drive a Hannspree 28" LCD TV that has such resolution.
Thanks

1 Like

It’s not really an issue for me, as the primary displays I use the vero on are both 1080p. It was just an observation really.

@sam_nazarko

OK. I have been asking for this for a log time and today the day that I knew would come, came… No picture on TV. The Vero works with a computer monitor, but not TV. It worked today earlier, but not now. AFAIK has no updates been installed. What now? No TV during the weekend?

I have a good mind to scratch the unit and replace it with a Rpi3. At least do I know that it works and if there are problems, they can be fixed …

I’m more interested in resolving the problem.

Can you try another hdmi port on the TV?

Sam

Ah… It was th sacrificial chicken… Thanks for the suggestion, despite my snarkiness. I guess it was all those updates, waiting whilst the TV was showing “wrong signal frequency”, not knowing what was happening…

Tv has three HDMI-ports, tried number three, same thing, tried number 1 and it worked, moved back to three still working. Moved to port 2 where it was originally and it still worked.

Gee, I have been working with computers since the early 80s and they never cease to surprise me…

Would still like to see what is going on when booting. Guess I could always connect that 5" HDMI-screen and a switch :slight_smile:

Glad this is now resolved.
I am still working on adding support for more resolutions

Sam

If this happens again, is there anything I can do over SSH to troubleshoot?

It’s probably and EDID issue. Turn off TV and vero, count to 10, turn on TV, turn on vero normally fixes that.

Ah. Will try that next time