Resolution change?

Same issue was a showstopper here today, ie “Logging in locally”. I never get a splash screen. Not on the TV, nor on my DELL monitor. Resolution out of range.

Have you tried the latest video improvements posted? This should resolve things for you

Do you mean these?

This one:

Yes. I applied that, but I prefer to break up " sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get dist-upgrade && reboot" into three separate commands, just in case :slight_smile:

On bootup it now goes through 720/60 briefly and when I select “Exit” from the OSMC menu and Esc, I get a visible terrminal prompt.

ONly remaining fly in the ointment that I see right now is that the popup menu I get when I left-key on “PVR And live TV” is still partly off-screen.

Have you set your TV to ‘just scan’ or similar to avoid overscan?

Maybe @chillbo could have a look at bringing the left ‘popups’ further into the main screen.

No idea if that can be done, but I will have a peek at the manual.

What’s the brand? Some manufacturers call it 1:1

The skin is made for pixel-accurate use… So, overscan should be disabled. Otherwiese (if you can’t disable overscan) you can adjust the GUI scaling via Settings/System/Display/Video calibration…

Sony KDL-37V4240

There is no such setting on this TV. It is not a full HD, but an 1080i. You can adjust some stuff, but only when using the VGA input.

Don’t have
Settings / Screen settings / Display Area / All pixels

Nope

Is this still being worked on? I assume it’s not going to be included in the 18.1 release, I just wanted to let you know there are more than 2 who would like to see this included.

Sorry, what do want to see included?

the 1366x768p60 resolution, as my Sony TV doesn’t let me display all pixels via HDMI either

That will come when we move to a newer kernel

When new kernel is planned?

I think we’ll start introducing some testing in early to middle of March.

Sam

1 Like