Retroplayer (Emulators list)

Why are there more than 10 emulators in the new update that won’t work, what to do to get them work and why if unable to get them functional there in the system .(more bugs, security problems, more useless data on the SD card, …)

mame2000 is working for me (osmc 2019.04-1 on rpi3).

mame2003 and mame2003plus crashing with sadface, atari2600 seems to start the game with black screen, and you can see game in shadow when pressing Select+X.

Those that compile without errors have been added, there are still unknowns why some of them are not working. But things are being worked on.

Ok, so here are some postive (core works) results for the Vero 4K column above:

• Mame 2000
  • FCEUmm (NES)
  • Snes9x
  • Scumm VM

Cheers!

1 Like

How did you make mame2000 work ?
Tested all mame with zip roms and nothing worked for me .
I’m also on a RPI3 with latest official update installed .

Have you tried unzipped?

No, will try that .
Thanks.
Also problems finding MAME bin path for the advanced MAME launcher add-on .
Any idea where i can find the path of the bin ?

Unzipped Rom in MAME2000 also don’t work .
I tried out : 1942.zip, galaga.zip, gyruss.zip .
Can you explain the steps you’ve made and the rom you’ve used so i can configure my rpi3 the same ?

I am using Internet Archive Game Launcher to get the ROMs, and using some ROMs under the MAME lists, running with Kodi Retroplayer and using MAME2000 emulator from Kodi Repositories. Some of the games working: Asteroids, Space Invaders, Defender, Pang, Galaxian,…
I download ROMs to a folder in my RPi and I can see they are zipped.

In order to get Kodi to not assosiate .zip to music/video you got do an edit to advancedsettings.xml.

nano .kodi/userdata/advancedsettings.xml

<advancedsettings>
  <videoextensions>
    <remove>.bin|.img|.iso|.zip</remove>
  </videoextensions>
  <musicextensions>
    <remove>.cue|.zip</remove>
  </musicextensions>
  <pictureextensions>
    <remove>.zip</remove>
  </pictureextensions>
</advancedsettings>

Hope this helps you.

2 Likes

No, don’t changed anything but thanks !
Still can’t play games from my HARD DISK.
Only playing MAME games via the Archive Game Launcher seems to work .
So MAME2000 not really working on the RPI3 !!! You need to install the AGL and you need to have a internet connection to download the rom before playing !
I also put the zip games in the download game folder of the AGL but the add-on needs to get online to find the game before you can click on the play button .

Just played pacmanm.zip with Mame 2000 on Pi3 without issue by just choosing the zip file from my rom folders after changing the advancedsettings.xml as given by @joakim_s

I will try it ones again with the pacmanm.zip !
:wink:

No go here !
nano advancedsettings.xml like explained .
Put pacmanm.zip in /home/osmc/mame/ folde => in add-ons activated the mame2000 emulation .
in game added new game folder /home/osmc/mame/ => enter mame folder and clicked on pacmanm.zip .
Nothing !!!

Did you restart KODI after changing the file?

post URL from paste-log .kodi/userdata/advancedsettings.xml

Actions i toke :
SSH into osmc
Copy/paste : nano .kodi/userdata/advancedsettings.xml
cleaned out all the advancedsettings.xml
Copy/paste :

<advancedsettings>
  <videoextensions>
    <remove>.bin|.img|.iso|.zip</remove>
  </videoextensions>
  <musicextensions>
    <remove>.cue|.zip</remove>
  </musicextensions>
  <pictureextensions>
    <remove>.zip</remove>
  </pictureextensions>
</advancedsettings>

Turned the system of and unplugged it’s electricity cable for about 30sec .
Restarted the system => added in game the /home/osmc/mame/ folder.
Entered the /home/osmc/mame/ folder => clicked on the pacmanm.zip and nothing happens .

Took the liberty and fixed the cut and paste visibility

2 Likes

Found the problem .
Anybody knows how to associate zip files to the retroplayer on the rpi3 osmc system ?
At the moment there opened by the VideoPlayer (predefined).

Hi,
I recently bought Raspberry Pi 3A+, I am using a 32GB SD card (class 10) with OSMC installed there - I am using most recent version from 21 April 2019.

Everything works flawlessly, except one feature - I am having issues with Retroplayer apparently. Any NES game I launch crashes after 30-90 seconds in QuickNES - first it freezes for like 20 seconds, unlocks for like 1 frame / 1 note, freezes for a minute, and every now and then plays 1 note and screen moves slightly. During that time I cannot use SSH connection to it. After a few minutes I get a sadface crash. All other NES emulators crash instantly with a sadface.

Here’s my debug log:
http://paste.osmc.tv/habavoguhu

In file browser i can open them if i chose in the options to open them with some other program.
options to open it are :
VideoPLayer (predefined)
PAPlayer
Retroplayer