List was last updated: 2019-06-20T22:00:00Z
Frequently ask questions
I am missing emulator (x)
The simple answers build errors it doesn’t build at the moment that’s why its not included
This works in distrobution (x)
Retroplayer is NOT Retrosmc or Retropie the source is different it bases of Retroarch.
Posters on the frontend why isnt that working?
SImple there isnt any scrapers yet, there will be scrapers in the future but at the moment its just backend stuff, there are some early stuff like IAGL and Gamestarter although buggy and tends to create more issues then help out’’.
How to help out
if you have knowledge of programming you can help out sending patches to Kodi on Github other then that there is only one thing to do that is wait for it to be fixed and its not OSMC its the Kodi developers that needs to fix it.
Now with that outta the way im back once again gonna start with a small list of working emulators at this time from my own tests first off ive read up on Retroplayer at the Kodi forums and garbear recommends turning off the setting for rewind for RPi since it can have a negative impact, that doesn’t mean that its forever just for the moment this list is not gonna be covering standalone games just the emulators.
Feel free to contribute to this list with possible settings that can get the emulators working and which system your on.
If your missing and emulator that is available feel free to ping a moderator or post on the thread and they will get added, but only if they can be available in Kodi under installed addons. Many of the emulator doesn’t compile at this moment due to code not being compatible this will get better over time with each revision of Retroplayer.
|Beetle PCE FAST|
|Genesis Plus GX||x|
- bnes - Crashes / Sadface
- BeetleGBA - Black Screen on launch / GLES Bug (Note: Solved in 18.8-73 of testbuilds)
- Beetle - Black Screen on launch / GLES Bug (Note: Solved in 18.8-73 of testbuilds)
- bsnes - Crashes / Sadface
- Colecovision - Crashes / Sadface
- Dosbox - Black Screen on launch / GLES Bug
- Famicon - Crashes / Sadface
- Gambette - Crashes / Sadface
- Mame2003 - Doesn’t launch games even after advanced settings tweak
- Mame - Some games does not launch due to missing drivers (ntig)
- Meteor - Freezes
- MetorGBA - Slow emulation
- mGBA - Crashes / Sadface
- Nestopia UE - Black Screen on launch / GLES Bug
- Snes9x - Reported crackling sound on RPI2
- Stella (Atari 2600) - Black Screen on launch / GLES Bug (Note: Works in 18.8-73 of testbuilds but breaks Kodi)
- VBA Next - Slow emulation
- Yabause - Crashes / Sadface
Some additional troubleshooting for Retroplayer
The emulator needs a .scummvm file for each game ids
the list can be found here https://www.scummvm.org/compatibility
Remove file extension association with advanced settings, this is typically done in with the following commands
append this to the file
<advancedsettings> <videoextensions> <remove>.bin|.img|.iso|.zip</remove> </videoextensions> <musicextensions> <remove>.cue|.zip</remove> </musicextensions> <pictureextensions> <remove>.zip</remove> </pictureextensions> </advancedsettings>
if you run into issues with archives you can try the following to disable VFS archive support
Settings->Add-on browser->My add-ons->Virtual filesystem->Archive support
set it to disable