RPI2 + Hyperion + OSMC

Any progress on the Hyperion app @sam_nazarko ?

Going for fresh reinstall soon, since I’m still on the last beta, but don’t want to install X11-common again as dependency.

1 Like

I have not heard back from the Hyperion developers

Sam

Nothing after 4 months??
Damn … that’s not really giving any confidence in a package anytime soon … if ever :frowning:

In March they said they would take a look but haven’t heard back.

I am sure they are just busy

It seems Hyperion only shows lights when there is a movie/show playing. Is there a way to have it be active even if we are at the OSMC main screen or any other screen?

1 Like

Getting my Lightpack set up and working again is the last thing I need to do before OSMC is as good as my RaspBMC installation was. Was really hoping to do it natively when OSMC was on stable release but damn, looks like it’s not coming for a while :frowning:

Running my lightpack with hyperion without issues just ssh and install it and run no issues what so ever

If you haven’t solved it yet, it’s a flag in the config you need to set. Something like “grabMenu” or the like. Just set it to true.

1 Like

Yes. The creator of hyperion told me. You have to set grabMenu to true :smile:

For some reason the excess 16 leds in my strip have started lighting up but they are not matched to the TV. Is there a way to disable the end 16 leds so they do not light up at all?

Use “id” : “turnedoff” to turn off LEDs.
Here a example from my config:

“transform” :
[
{
“id” : “default”,
“leds” : “0-106”,
“hsv” :
{
“saturationGain” : 0.9000,
“valueGain” : 1.0000
},
“red” :
{
“threshold” : 0.0000,
“gamma” : 1.7000,
“blacklevel” : 0.0000,
“whitelevel” : 1.0000
},
“green” :
{
},
“blue” :
{
}
},
{
“id” : “turnedoff”,
“leds” : “107-162”,
“hsv” :
{
“saturationGain” : 1.0000,
“valueGain” : 0.0000
},
“red” :
{
“gamma” : 1.0000,
},
“green” :
{
“whitelevel” : 0.8500
},
“blue” :
{
“whitelevel” : 0.8500
}
}
],

Hmm how weird, it is still not working for me. I changed "leds" : "*", to "leds" : "0-259", and the script stopped working. None of the lights would turn on after

check again here: Turn unused leds off

What does it mean when it says “Please remember to define ALL leds in the “leds” section as if you define transformation for the led that does not exist, Hyperion will fail.”

Does that mean if I only define LED’s 0-259 and I have 290 LEDs, it wont work?

Yes, you have to define all existing LEDs. If you define none-existing hyperion will fail.

Short of counting all the LEDs, is there a way to see how many LEDs hyperion is seeing?

Not that I know of. Since you use HyperCon anyway to set up your config, I guess you know how many Led you have in total. I need to know how many you have on each side.

Please carefully read the instructions!
Configuration

Are you running the hyperion daemon as ‘osmc’ or as another user?

I’ve followed this guide: Home · hyperion-project/hyperion Wiki · GitHub

Which advises to use the hyperion.service for systemd running as the user ‘osmc’.
I’m getting the following error when running the daemon in the foreground:

Found a lightpack device. Retrieving more information... unable to retrieve serial number from Lightpack device(-3): LIBUSB_ERROR_ACCESS Lightpack device found: bus=1 address=5 serial= unable to open device(-3): LIBUSB_ERROR_ACCESS Unable to open Lightpack device. Searching for other device(-3): LIBUSB_ERROR_ACCESS No Lightpack device has been found

Tried with udev rules to change hiddev0 and hidraw0 to group osmc like Sam did with a few other input devices.
But still the same error :frowning:

Hello.
I Continuous the discussion of my post here.

I bought a kit lightpack. ( http://lightpack.tv/#calculator ) and a raspberry pi2.
Just I do not know how to operate it. On the site lightpack means to use booblight and raspbmc. But on the Pi2 don’t work.
My knowledge of Rasp are very low.
Now I’m reinstalling OSMC. You know explain how to properly install and configure Hyperion, to run with the lights lightpack?
Thanks in advance to those who can help me.
And sorry again for my bad English.

I tried again to follow this guide …

enter link description here

And then this …

I changed the configuration files with this.

Now I do not know if you understand Hyperion is installed and functioning …
on OSMC I do not see it anywhere.
The lights are attached but are not on.
I do not know what to do…