RPI2 not start after the last Upgrade

My RPI2 not start after the last Upgrade
When this is fixed?

Good feedback.

Well unfortunately we ran out off our magic crystal ball to remotely guessing what goes wrong on the other side of the planet.
But if you want your device to come to life again try to provide some more details and people are happy to try to figure it out.

To get a better understanding of the problem you are experiencing we need more information from you. Please see How to submit a useful support request - General - OSMC for advice on how to help us.

About what details you ask a man?
I did upgrade and Raspberry did not start up anymore.
The other side of the planet greets the first page :slight_smile:

Click the link

Gentlemen. I can not tell you anything more.
I used OSMC on Raspberry Pi2 until he appeared upgrade.
I did upgrade and Raspberry has not launched.
This is what I can you write?
My system does not start at all.
This problem is described here: enter link description here

And the solution is also there.

I know there is a solution.
But I asked when the problem will be fixed by the next upgrade
This is probably not the solution for someone who does not know Linux.

If the Rpi can’t boot, how will it get the update?

There are 2 solutions for you to choose from.

1. Fresh install
  2. follow step outlined in the other thread.

Nothing more.

1 Like

If you were using PARTUUID then it will never work again in the future. Move to using UUID.

If you don’t know what PARTUUID or UUID are, then the link you provided has nothing to do with your problem and since you can’t provide us with any data to debug your issue with, then I’d suggest a full re-install to get back to a working system.

PARTUUID has been deprecated in OSMC for the future. You should use sudo blkid on the root partition and use root=UUID= to get similar functionality (the ability to uniquely identify a device).

Sam

Well, it’s actually SUPER solution.
It uses the system for 2 years and suddenly I find out that I do not get the update.
Congratulations.

Sorry… I have no idea what you are trying to say here…

Is if I download the image from now it will be already the new system? UUID?

OSMC has not been out for two years.

You do not need to reinstall your system. The change you made was not officially recommended by an OSMC developer, but as it was a trivial change, it is very quickly revertible.

Remove all attached USB drives apart from the one you wish to boot from.
Insert the SD card in to your Computer. Change root= to root=/dev/mmcblk0p2 in cmdline.txt
Using SSH or a command line, generate the new UUID from sudo blkid /dev/mmcblk0p2
Change root= to root=UUID=1234567 where 123467 is your UUID

Sam

If you can write a step-by-step at first.
I do not understand this approach to the case.
You could write a message:
“Do not download the upgrade or you will lose the system”
After all, people like me are a whole bunch of users.

I have written the step-by-step instructions above. The use of PARTUUID is a manual, conscious decision. I made this clear on the OSMC blog. Your set up is not ‘lost’ nor broken, you just need to change the file to how it was before you made the change.

Sam

Be the need instructions on how to proceed.
When you remove the SD card when you put it?
When you stop the system when I run it?
I do not know what system I’m using now PARTUUID or UUID. How should I know. I am a simple user of the system.
I’ve used so far, and suddenly the system went down and I do not know what to do.

Currently, I have nothing amended.
I had done a copy of the card happiness and I restored this copy.
But the system still calls for the upgrade.
What do I do now lest they lose the system and I can still use it now in the new version?
My current cmdline.txt
root=/dev/mmcblk0p2 rootfstype=ext4 rootwait quiet osmcdev=rbp2

As I clearly stated above, if you don’t know what PARTUUID or UUID are, then THIS IS A COMPLETELY DIFFERENT ISSUE and totally unrelated to your problem. You at this point, have given us no info to use so that we can determine what your problem is.