Sad Face after October Update

Believe it or not I’m trying to make peoples lives easier…

Thank you very much for (re)sharing those steps, I’ll confirm back and close the thread this evening!

Had a manual build-script until I discovered your repo. I was using the build from source options because of V4L2. But now I know the binaries include that already no need anymore.

Thank you @hissingshark, updating Retropie fixed Kodi, which is again working like a charm.

However, Retropie now won’t start. I get a splash screen with ‘New Session’ but clicking that just exits the app. Is there a way to do a full reinstall with all dependencies?

Thanks also to @bmillham and @fzinken for your assistance!

Progress!

So, it sounds like you need a newer version of EmulationStation (and in that case RetroArch). I’ve rebuilt the packages we supply that Buster may break and those were 2 of them. If you find any others don’t work try re-installing those too.

Select “Run RetroPie-Setup” from the installer.
Then “Manage Core Packages”.
For each of them select “Re-install (from pre-built binary)”.

1 Like

Perfection! All sorted, and working as expected. Thanks again, and for your efforts with Retropie in the first place.

The generosity of and help from this community’s members, and @sam_nazarko and the team is second to none!

1 Like

Although your answer came couple of hours late, I think it would help me, since I had the same problem as OP and had the same retro game stuff he had.

Too bad I reinstalled (clean from disk image) my Vero 4K+ and now need to setup whole library again (couldn’t connect via SSH or SMB too). This time I will be smarter - tonight I finished setting up MySQL VM on my home server, so I don’t need to deal with this kind of bugs again.