Script modules not in latest osmc?

Sorry to have got it backwards; very late here.

Again, OSMC doesn’t package any Kodi add-ons, they come from upstream. So can’t be a packaging error from our side…

Let’s take a look…

I can see that we are providing: [script.module.dateutil-2.8.2.zip] in the OSMC (and Kodi) repo, but your add-ons seem to be depending on v2.8.1. Could this be a problem?

If you edit the XML in the ZIP and re-zip; does this help?

Omega is only providing 2.8.2, but Nexus is providing [script.module.dateutil-2.8.1+matrix.1.zip] (presumably a fixup for Nexus and Matrix).

See Files... (Omega) vs Files... (Nexus) on official Kodi mirrors.

Cheers

Sam

Well, should probably not waste any more of your time on this. I suppose it could be the version. The things that amazes me is not a single report of anyone using nextgen that has the issue. Maybe few new adopters, who knows.

What is confusing to me is on your previous versions, in OSMC, I could browse script modules. In this version, I cannot. Not a single one. If I am wrong on that, where can I see them from within OSMC?

I will try with a Kodi 21 plugin, if you have one to suggest, and see if the missing modules are proposed automatically to be installed beside

I’m using Emby for Kodi Next Gen and did an upgrade (as opposed to a clean install) when the new OSMC KODI 21 version came out. Had to reboot a few times but the upgrade was successful. According to Emby for Kodi Next Gen, the currently installed dependencies are python-dateutil v 2.8.2 and six v 1.16.0+matrix .1. I did not manually install either of those dependencies. It was automatic. Just a data point.

Yeah, that’s the difference, you updated so module was already there.

Hi Sam,

I don’t think this is the problem, because the Kodi addon.xml specification states that the version is the minimum needed, not the exact version needed

https://kodi.wiki/view/Addon.xml#%3Crequires%3E

The <requires> element contains one or more <import> elements which specify which other add-ons this particular add-on requires, and which version of those add-ons it requires. These add-ons may be part of Kodi itself, or may be parts of other third-party add-ons.

Kodi will only allow the add-on to be run if suitable versions of the (non-optional) add-ons on which this add-on depends are installed. When a user installs your add-on from an online repository via Kodi’s add-on manager, Kodi attempts to resolve these dependencies, and install anything that your add-on relies on first. The dependency must be provided with the minimum version number your script/skin requires.

version attribute

The version attribute specifies the minimum version of the required add-on to be installed.

So a later version in the repository should be okay and auto-installed.

Note: this isn’t so true for the xbmc.* addons, which seem to be used to target the exact version[s] of Kodi that the addon can be installed on (taking in to account ABI version). But I may be reading that wrong.

That should definitely be the case with binary add-ons which we are obviously not dealing with here.

Is there an add-on that I can install from the Kodi repo to reproduce this?
Sam

For the Arctic Horizon 2 skin I needed to change ‘Update official add-ons from’ from the default ‘ Official repositories only’ to ‘ Any repository’, maybe something like that?

I know it’s new with Kodi 21.

I don’t think that is the same, as it is loaded from the author’s own unofficial repository, and the instructions tell you to do what you had to do:

https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=367352

Instructions:

1. Enable “Unknown Sources” in Kodi Settings > System > Add-ons
  2. Enable “Update official add-ons from: Any repositories” in Kodi Settings > System > Add-ons
  3. Install my repository using either the zip or file manager source linked above
  4. Install the skin from my repo: Jurialmunkey Alpha Repo > Look and Feel > Skins > Arctic Horizon 2
1 Like

Sure, on your latest osmc (Assuming dateutil and six is NOT installed already), so a fresh copy, just install from the repo kodi.emby.tv Public testing/plugin.service.emby-next-gen-11.0.8.zip

I believe this one by itself should trigger the error. If I do not recall which one uses dateutil and if you get past that one, then it might have been the second one so let me know. But I think that is the right one. Shouldn’t matter if you have emby.

I know, I followed those exactly … but since both are dependencies … thought it could be the same :thinking:

Hello,

New user of osmc here. I am getting a similar issue with a missing script on a brand new Vero V.

The missing script is “script.module.future” which is Python 2 and 3 compatibility, afaik.

Unfortunately I need this for my use case of the Vero V osmc v21.1.

How can I get this installed, It does not show on the Kodi Addons or on Script Libraries | Category | Omega | Addons

Thanks for any help and sorry if this is not related to the opening post.

I’m not sure why you aren’t seeing it in the OSMC interface, but it is in the Omega add-on repo:

We include all add-ons from the Kodi repository (1:1), so I’m not sure why this doesn’t show up.

We will look in to this. For now, you can manually install it.

Thanks Sam,

As you suggested, I installed the script manually and it worked.

Unfortunately there are now other scripts that seem to be missing, notably script.module.pycaption.

I think that, unfortunately, my purchase of the Vero V was wrong. It does not seem suitable for what I saw as my use case.

Yeah, this is totally different behavior than previous versions. Never ever had this issue.

Seems to be an issue with Kodi v21. Why, I can’t tell you. Yet…

1 Like

Any news, or at least an ETA for resolution?

Thanks.

It could be fixed in staging now.

I will do an update on the weekend but for now you could update to staging.

For some reason it seems to be an issue on other devices like PC too…

1 Like

Thanks Sam,

I will wait for after the weekend and do it when all settled then.