September update killed plex on my Vero 4K+

Here is a bit easier way to fix the add-on. First though, this is NOT an official version of the Kodi add-on and no support will be provided for it. This is just a copy of the current Plex add-on with [this] patch applied by me. If that makes you nervous, feel free to make the changes yourself as I outlined in my previous posts on this topic.

First you can download the patched add-on in zip form here…

If your using Chrome and are having issues downloading that zip file on your PC you can right click on the download button that comes when you click the link and select the “save link as” option. Chrome will then show a scary message at the bottom of your browser saying it won’t download the file. Click the arrow and choose the “keep” option and then it will download. Chrome apparently really doesn’t like zip files.

Once you have downloaded that you will need to stick it on a thumb drive or some other location that you can access from within Kodi (you only need it when installing so feel free to just stick it the same location as your media files for easy access). You will then need to enable in Kodi settings>system>add-ons>unknown sources. Then go to settings>add-ons>install from zip file> and navigate to wherever you stored that file and select it. That should automatically update your current add-on and start working again.

8 Likes