[Solve, reinstall] Sad face on boot

Hi all,

I unplugged recently my RPI (it was a not intentional…) and since then I have a sad face on the screen…
I saw on this forum that it was related to Kodi crashes.

I executed sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get dist-upgrade && sudo reboot whitout trouble but I still have the sad face. I also tried to hold ctrl+shift during the boot, and still no change…

I wanted to look at Kodi logs but my ~/.kodi/temp/kodi.log file is empty…

Do you have any idea?

Thanks!

Try renaming /home/.kodi to.kodi-old or whatever then rebooting

Maybe you can try the Emergency root recovery console.

Emergency root recovery console

An automatic fsck will be run on the root partition which will attempt to repair any file system corruption that is found

I tried the Emergency root recovery console. The fsck didn’t complain.

I renamed .kodi in .kodi.old still the sad face…

Leave the Pi unplugged for a while, then try again.

What caused the unplugging? If it was power related then it could be the F3 fuse has blown/degraded and needs time to reset.

Logs please. From SSH:

sudo journalctl | paste-log
paste-log /home/osmc/.kodi/temp/kodi.log
paste-log /var/log/apt/term.log
df -h

I can no longer connet over SSH, I don’t know why… I have this error: Write failed: Broken pipe

My kodi.log file is empty, df - h shows that i use only 3% mounted on /, 0% on /dev and 7% on /boot.

Edit: I also try to log on tty1, but when I type my login and password, the console is cleared and it asks me my login and password again.

If you can’t even log in it sounds like there are major problems that could be hard to diagnose or repair. Your best bet is probably to do a fresh install.

Ok, I will reinstall it…