[SOLVED] Wifi passphrase not accepted

Hi

I think we know what’s happening here we have a fix which is currently being tested

An update should be released soon

Good news!
looking forward to that.

Hi Gezb, I’m also have a similar problem with my wifi password not being accepted. It contains a mixture of upper and lower case letters, numbers, and a symbol ‘/’.

My log is here: kodi log

My dmesg output is here: dmesg

Hopefully that is of some help. Looking forward to the update.

Hi Jhd

This looks to be the same issue that the next update should hopfully fix

hello @gezb , is it possible to know when this is intended to be released? :smile:
thanks a lot

This update is scheduled for release today (assuming nothing goes wrong). Update over Ethernet via My OSMC, reboot and then give WiFi another go

S

Hi Massi

We are hoping to put the update out later today as long as no issues are found in testing

3 Likes

wonderful!
sorry but i’m new to osmc and i don’t know what is the common time for fixes :smile:
i’ll give it a try later…
thanks!

This update has now been pushed out. Please run updates now and you should get it.

i can connect to my guest network with password now :smile:

but

it’s impossible for me to connect to a hidden ssid network.
Once inserted the ssid, osmc stays on “loading” forever and never asks for a password.
is this a known bug?

Can you provide a debug kodi log after you have attempted connection to your hidden network please

The functionality to connect to hidden networks has only recently been added so this could be a big

Thanks

i’m in chat with @ActionA trying to understand how to do that since osmc is still loading… can i do all via command line?

So i did this:

• boot with lan cable connected
  • enable debug
  • connect to hidden wifi network inserting ssid
  • wait some minutes of “loading please wait”
  • paste-log in command line

even this command isn’t ending up well (it doesn’t end up at all…))

so i took out of the raspi the log file and here it is!

http://paste.osmc.io/kupakilesu.vhdl

exception at line 574 :slight_smile:

Thanks Massi

I will get a fix done and let you know when its published

Hi Massi

We have just pushed a new package which should fix this issue

It works!
Very very good work guys!

This evening i’ll give a try to wifi connection… last time i had it going to hell starting up transmission and could not understand why…

I have this same issue with the edimax ew7811un, still getting connection failed after installing the latest update.

• Pi B (1st gen)
    Router is dualband, it only detects the 5.0ghz channel.

thanks.

I will post logs soon…

I have an old Pi B model and Im having problems also. It connects just fine but it drops connection every two minutes or so and reconnects… My Pi 2’s connect and stay connected with no issues… I have a PiB+ i will try out later today and see what happens with it… If this is something new and you would like logs please let me know

Are you using a powered hub with the model b?

I am not using a powered hub. The adapter is a TP-LINK TL-WN725N I also have an Edimax EW-7811Un I can try. Thing is both the TP and the Edimax work perfectly with RaspBMC