[SOLVED] Wifi passphrase not accepted

I just tried again to enter the passphrase by remote:
connection to (network) failed.
After re-connecting with my network for a second time i receive an IP-adress, but still with status wlan0. a “c” appears in front of my network name at the right side of the display. when i hit “apply” the status changes to disabled.

I don’t really follow what you’re trying to do - if you have a C beside the network name it means you’re already connected - C=Connected. If you select the connected item from the list it will bring up the option to disconnect the network. (as well as cancel and disconnect and forget)

The apply button is not related to connecting and disconnecting from wireless networks it is for applying IP address changes, hence the reason why it is under the IP addresses and not in the network name list.

Well I would like to have a stable connection via wlan. How is it possible that i am connected but still have status: wlan0 (No internet)? Are these issues with my router?
I am sorry if this is not your business here, please tell me to stop asking if this is the case :wink: cheers

In instances where I’ve connected OSMC to Wi-Fi, after connecting I’ve had to move the view off of the Wi-Fi screen and then back before the connected network details (IP addresses) would appear.

ok just re-tried.
I added max_usb_current=1 to config.txt to ensure sufficient power for the Wi-Fi adapter. - After I typed in the passphrase OSMC tells me that the connection failed.
Log should be here: http://paste.osmc.io/sepocejabi.vhdl

After removing max_usb_current=1 from config.txt I connected again. Once more the Info-pop-up tells me that the connection failed, but again I see a C in front of my SSID. Again I do have an IP Adress shown, but still the Status:No internet.
Log: http://paste.osmc.io/jubayugiya.xml

I don’t understand why I have connected status but no real connection. Thank you for your effort.

Hi,
I’m brand new to this whole rp thing.

Did this ever get resolved pls?.
Wired connection works fine.
But Just bought an official rasp pi dongle and can’t connect to my hidden and secured home wifi network
(it also uses MAC address filtering but I’ve added pi/dongle Mac address to list of allowed devices.)

I chose to manually configure wireless later during osmc installation.
So after installation i enter ssid and PW for hidden (pwk)
It says connection failed BUT adds its to the list of available networks on RHS.
No connection though.
Clicking on my ssid on Rhs prompts for PW.
I enter again, it fails again and then deletes ssid from list on rhs.
All this is done with Ethernet cable unplugged.

Edit. BTW using the 2016_01_1 version from the osmc installer and have ran updates several times with a wired connection.

Once I can work out the logging thing I get some logs but in the meantime, suggestions pls.

Ssid and PW are just upper case and numbers (no spaces/special chars)

Thanks

To get a better understanding of the problem you are experiencing we need more information from you. Please see How to submit a useful support request - General - OSMC for advice on how to help us.

Or simple grab-logs -A from ssh

Managed to resolve my connection issues.

I did start off my post with a statement that I was new to this whole thing :slightly_smiling:

Anyways - Based on info of the internet, I used “ifconfig eth0” to get the MAC address of my equipment.
This gave me a single MAC address.
I subsequently added this address to the Access List on my router.

Today I borrowed a Raspberry Pi User Guide from someone & whilst skipping through the ntework configuration section, I read to use just “ifconfig”.
This yielded 3 listings - one of which was a “Wlan0” MAC address.

It became obvious at that point I had entered the wrong MAC address in the router’s Access list.

So I’ve now entered the Wlan0 address & bingo!!!
It’s working.

Sorry for wasting anyones time.
Thanks

Don’t bother with MAC filtering.

It doesn’t work – you can just spoof a known, accepted MAC address, and it only creates problems maintaining that list

Hi bossredman, thank you for your help.
I don’t manage myself to access to the terminal window and I’m unable to find out which is my MAC address also.
It’d be very helpful if you could tell me where to find how to access to the terminal window to write ifconfig or any other address.
Thanks in advance.

Please don’t resurrect a year old post. There’s a very helpful subsite on osmc.tv called Wiki, and there you’ll find all the answers you are looking for.

Thank you so much. I’ve just made that and found out the MAC on my TV (hard work in deed).
So sorry for being so dumb and writing before looking for the info I was asking for.

Good to hear that. Cheers.

1 Like