Some TV shows not showing up for me

I’ve seen some discussions about this but can’t seem to find the right answer. I have a couple OSMC raspberry PIs set up and they work great for our needs.

I have a NAS with a Movies folder and a TV Shows folder. The movies work just fine.

In the TV Shows folder, I have each show in a separate folder with names like:

Show Name S01E04.mp4
Show Name S01E05.mp4
…etc

I use Media Companion to scrape for the info file, artwork, and other details and store them directly into the folders with the media. I tell OSMC to use “local information only” for both movies & TV shows.

But for some reason, some TV shows just simply are missing from the show browser on OSMC. If I know of a show that does this, I have to go to Videos -> Files and then browse to the NAS folder where the show is and watch it that way.

Nothing in the logs show up for the missing shows (kodi.log) when scraping.

Honestly can’t seem to find any red flags when comparing a working show’s info file to one that isn’t.

Thanks for any help, and I’m willing to try some things to sort this out.

Dennis

Can you show the NFO file of one such show?

Here's one:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes"?>
<tvshow>
    <id>79502</id>
    <state>0</state>
    <title>Around the World in 80 Days with Michael Palin</title>
    <showtitle>Around the World in 80 Days with Michael Palin</showtitle>
    <mpaa>
    </mpaa>
    <plot>Michael Palin: Around the World in 80 Days is a BBC television series presented by comedian and actor Michael Palin documenting his eighty-day trip around the world. 
Palin was to not use any form of travel that was not around during Jules Verne's book, Around the World in 80 Days in 1873; most importantly, he was to use no aircraft. He followed Phileas Fogg's route as closely as possible during the series. However, Palin encountered several setbacks that Fogg did not, partly due to traveling with a five person camera crew, his Passepartout.</plot>
    <imdbid>tt0096536</imdbid>
    <tmdbid>
    </tmdbid>
    <status>Ended</status>
    <runtime>50 min</runtime>
    <rating>9.5</rating>
    <userrating>0</userrating>
    <votes>6</votes>
    <year>1989</year>
    <premiered>1989-10-11</premiered>
    <studio>BBC</studio>
    <tag>
    </tag>
    <genre>Documentary</genre>
    <genre>Travel</genre>
    <episodeguide>
        <url cache="79502.xml">http://www.thetvdb.com/api/6E82FED600783400/series/79502/all/en.zip</url>
    </episodeguide>
    <language>en</language>
    <episodeactorsource>imdb</episodeactorsource>
    <tvshowactorsource>imdb</tvshowactorsource>
    <sortorder>default</sortorder>
    <sorttitle>
    </sorttitle>
    <scrapefrom>tvdb</scrapefrom>
</tvshow>

Did you see this one (most of the thread is not of interest but where i’m linking and below may be).

tldr set the scraper matching the <episodeguide> or just delete that section of the nfo file and see if the issue goes away.

Hang on, I need to update some things. So actually the sample info file I gave shows up, so that’s not a good example. But I did find some items missing, and it turns out they all show up in a “tv show” called “TV Shows” - all 246 episodes. When browsing that folder a ton of episodes show up, and one that I recognized was Bridgerton (2020). I’ve attached the .nfo file for it.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes"?>
<tvshow>
    <id>366668</id>
    <state>0</state>
    <title>Bridgerton</title>
    <showtitle>Bridgerton</showtitle>
    <mpaa>
    </mpaa>
    <plot>Inspired by the bestselling novels, this series follows the eight close-knit siblings of the powerful Bridgerton family as they attempt to find love.</plot>
    <imdbid>tt8740790</imdbid>
    <tmdbid>
    </tmdbid>
    <uniqueid type="imdb">tt8740790</uniqueid>
    <uniqueid type="tvdb" default="true">366668</uniqueid>
    <status>Continuing</status>
    <runtime>61 min</runtime>
    <ratings>
        <rating name="tvdb" max="10" default="true">
            <value>0.0</value>
            <votes>0</votes>
        </rating>
    </ratings>
    <userrating>0</userrating>
    <year>2020</year>
    <premiered>2020-12-25</premiered>
    <studio>Netflix</studio>
    <tag>
    </tag>
    <genre>Drama</genre>
    <genre>History</genre>
    <genre>Romance</genre>
    <episodeguide>
    </episodeguide>
    <language>en</language>
    <actor>
        <actorid>0047332</actorid>
        <name>Jonathan Bailey</name>
        <role>Anthony Bridgerton</role>
        <thumb>https://m.media-amazon.com/images/M/MV5BMzQ3Nzc4OTItMzdmNS00YTE5LWEzZmItYzY1ZmYwNzc3MTI5XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMjM1NzE4Njk@._V1._SY400_SX300_.jpg</thumb>
        <order>1</order>
    </actor>
    <actor>
        <actorid>8659047</actorid>
        <name>Ruby Barker</name>
        <role>Marina Thompson</role>
        <thumb>https://m.media-amazon.com/images/M/MV5BZDdlYTJhNDQtYzQwMi00NzMwLWJlMzUtMTdmYmVhOTBkZmRiXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNzA1NzU1MTU@._V1._SY400_SX300_.jpg</thumb>
        <order>2</order>
    </actor>

.....snip (hundreds of lines of actors here)

<episodeactorsource>imdb</episodeactorsource>
    <tvshowactorsource>imdb</tvshowactorsource>
    <sortorder>default</sortorder>
    <sorttitle>
    </sorttitle>
    <scrapefrom>tvdb</scrapefrom>
</tvshow>

re: DarwinDesign – I did try to remove the URL specified in some shows and it didn’t seem to help my situation.

Thanks for the reply though, yours was one of the threads I read through.

That seems to be the Shows NFO, how about a corresponding Episode NFO?

If the folder containing the episodes does not have a proper match to a particular show, as in they scraped wrong and showed up in the library under some other title, then editing the shows nfo and updating the library isn’t going to change anything as Kodi will just be skipping over that folder. I would suggest to navigate to that Bridgerton folder in video>files, then context menu, change content, set it none and hit okay. It should ask if you want the items removed from the library to which you should say yes. You can then context menu the folder again and set the scraper once more which will give those files a fresh scan with whatever changes you made.

Just to save you manually removing the episodeguide tag in future: in MC go to TV Preferences > Extras and there’s an option to exclude it automatically.

I’m trying to locate said setting; maybe my version doesn’t have that available?

2021-01-20_16h53_48

Just below your first image there’s an option