Sound problems

Everytime i use the remote i can hear a little “Click”. That’s alright as it signals to me that I’ve used a button on the remote.

Now I have the following problem.
I watch an episode of a series and when it is finished I press the Stop button and come back to the episodes overview.
If I then press the down button to jump to the next episode, at the latest when I want to start the next episode I get a loud crack in my speaker.

Does anyone have any idea why this might be?

To get a better understanding of the problem you are experiencing we need more information from you. The best way to get this information is for you to upload logs that demonstrate your problem. You can learn more about how to submit a useful support request here.

So, in summary:

• activate the logging
  • reboot the OSMC device
  • reproduce the issue
  • upload the log set either using the Log Uploader method within the My OSMC menu in the GUI or the ssh method invoking command grab-logs -A
  • publish the provided URL from the log set upload, here

Thanks for your understanding. We hope that we can help you get up and running again shortly.

1 Like

I had a similar issue. The loud crack was the audio completely over modulated.
In my case it always got resolved with a soft reboot. It would work for a few days only to return.
Eventually I figured out it was caused by the skin I was using (Madnox).
Which skin are you using and does a reboot solve the issue?

While you’re gathering up the logs as suggested, you might try disabling the GUI sounds (those are the clicks you hear when you use a remote button). You can do that in Settings > System > Audio > Play GUI Sounds (change it to never). It’s possible that your AVR/TV/Soundbar is choking every once in awhile when the sound format changes suddenly from whatever the GUI sound is to the video you’re watching. Mine used to do that from time to time (scared the crap out of me and the cats every time), and it still does every once in a great while. But for me turning off the GUI sounds definitely reduced the occurrences to nearly zero. I’m sure if I had newer equipment that would help too (my TV and soundbar are seven years old, and it shows).

That’s a feature for exercising your cats :smile_cat:

Independently, I did a soft reboot and the problem is not there at the moment. But I also suspect that it is the acoustic key confirmations that cause this to happen.
I’ll turn it off, so maybe I do not have the problem anymore. I have new hardware though. AV receiver and TV are built in 2018.

Thanks for any help.

Theres another little problem. :frowning:
When I leave KODI and my Vero 4K is off. With which button of the remote control do I start it again? I ask because I use my Logitech Harmony Advanced and there is no way (power on / off).
Now I wanted to know with which key I do it on the original remote control, because there I find no way

The Vero 4K is designed to be always on, so there is no power button on the remote. Once powered off, the only way to power it on is by pulling the power and reconnecting.

Instead of powering the device off either leave it on (it uses little power) or use the suspend feature.

You are kidding me. Right? :wink:

If I can not turn the Vero 4k + back on as soon as it’s turned off then I have the question what the point “Update library at startup” makes sense.
How can I update the library?

Update at startup will update the library on a reboot. You can easily run a library scan after you add new content. You could even automate that if you wish.

@bmillham
How can i automate this? Can you help me.

That is an absolute must have.
Because otherwise she would never be updated and my wife does not have the technical skills to do it every time.

I guess we need to understand why your library is changing without your updating it? I don’t get new movies unless I add them myself. And when I add them I normally run a scan.

A good tool to help automate scans is texturecache.py: GitHub - MilhouseVH/texturecache.py: Utility script to manage the XBMC texture cache

I dont know but my library need to be updated daily. Cause i buy many bluray and make an ISO on my NAS. Is there any way to connect a bluray drive to the vero 4k to play the discs?

I am completely honest. I am a little disappointed with the Vero 4K +. I did not think it was such a craft box. KODI on my VU + Duo 2 SAT receiver was somehow less tinkering.
I will now look into the repository and hope that I find something that is easy to install and configure.

So if you are adding new movies, why not just run the scan after you are done? Isn’t that what you do on your other Kodi systems?

But you could just add a simple cron job to run texturecache.py daily at 1AM, or even hourly, or…

@bmillham
No. When I left my KODI on my VU + Duo2 SAT receiver always KODI and the library was automatically updated at startup.
Therefore, also my question how I can turn off the VERo 4K.

I’m absolutely no expert on CronJobs. Could you help me with that? I would love to have the update done every night around 02:30.

What do I do with this texturecache.py file? How do I install it?
Thank you for your help.

If you want to stick to that method just choose Power → Exit. Kodi will exit and restart after 30 seconds

As already stated, if you shut off the 4K, you must pull power to turn it on. But rebooting will trigger a scan if you have the ‘Update at startup’ option set. That’s probably your best option.

It can not be that I buy a box that was specially created for KODI in which I then have to pull the power plug so an update is performed (@sam_nazarko) . That can not be true. Especially since KODI brings the function “Update library on restart”. That’s a design mistake.
Ok, you seem to have the option with the texturecache.py for too difficult otherwise you would not have said that pulling the power cable is easier.
I’ll try it myself, because I have to make friends so that there is always something to do crafts.

That isn’t true.
Just download the Library Watchdog addon and set it to scan automatically.

You can also trigger an update manually from your remote

Kodi doesn’t have an out of the box solution for scheduling library updates but the watchdog addon will do it. This is a Kodi issue rather than an OSMC or Vero issue.

You could even trigger a scan by going to power, and selecting exit. Kodi will relaunch and you will get a scan a few seconds later

2 Likes

You are completely misunderstanding things here.

A reboot will trigger the library scan. You do NOT need to power off.

You can trigger the scan yourself, just like on any other Kodi installation.

And it was never stated that pulling the power was easier.

Did you read my comment how to initiate a quick restart?

1 Like