Spotify + OSMC = <3

For me it isnt working, after i Type last command pip install pyspotify i get error:
But i cant find log file which i have a in error messege in root/. pip/pip.log
I did all of that with terminal inside osmc
In spotlight i have same as before errno111

edit
in putty the same
have something like this

Command python setup.py egg_info failed with error code 1 in /tmp/pip-build-pf1rZ6/pyspotify

I have the same promblem…

Did you restart osmc after every change to spotlight settings / installation

Ive rebooted many times. still get this error when running last command

pip install pyspotify

Command python setup.py egg_info failed with error code 1 in /tmp/pip-build-cMeeJ5/pyspotify
Storing debug log for failure in /home/osmc/.pip/pip.log

try sudo pip --help if you get an error on pip do this

sudo easy_install pip and wait for it to finish then retry

and i truly hope that you evoked sudo before pip cause its not gonna install shit without sudo or if you invoked sudo -s then there isn’t really need for sudo in front of everything

btw @DBMandrake or @sam_nazarko can this topic be moved into support instead its not really a feature request anymore

1 Like

I have done all that. Still get the following

Command python setup.py egg_info failed with error code 1 in /tmp/pip-build-xXcbRQ/pyspotify
Storing debug log for failure in /root/.pip/pip.log

so did pip give you the help menu your really not giving me much to work with here

Hi, i did all your advice and still have a errno111.
I managed to get pip.log, maybe it will be some sort of help to get understand why it isn’t work properly.

pip.log

messeges i get on putty

While I understand why you’d want to move the topic I’d rather see it split.

I still wish OSMC could integrate better with spotify (and why not other services, maybe using mopidy or something of the sort?)

It’s great to have Spotlight, but the development of the plugin is abandoned and it’s lacking lots of features. I’m very grateful for all the support (and I hope that things will work out for those who still haven’t gotten it to work) but I’d find it a let down if the feature request would be regarded as fulfilled because of this. (With that said I do think that it wouldn’t be totally unreasonable to lower its priority with regard to spotlight working (sort of))

#!/bin/bash
if [ $USER != root ]; then
        echo "run as a root" 
        exit 0
fi
wget -q -O - http://apt.mopidy.com/mopidy.gpg | sudo apt-key add -
echo "deb http://apt.mopidy.com/ stable main contrib non-free" >> /etc/apt/sources.list
echo "deb-src http://apt.mopidy.com/ stable main contrib non-free" >> /etc/apt/sources.list
apt-get update
apt-get install -y -qq libspotify-dev python-dev libffi-dev python-pip build-essential
pip install pyspotify
exit

here we go final fix for ya all tried it on a clean OSMC install so i know it works save it as install_pyspotify.sh then do sudo chmod +x install_pyspotify.sh then ./install_pyspotify.sh and wait… or do the commands separately in a terminal.

@hsus yeah split is better

typo… should be chmod +x install_pyspotify.sh for those copy and pasting

Typo aside did the shit work ?

my terminal is up to this… hence i havent replied yet.

Running setup.py (path:/tmp/pip-build-ywyt9i/pyspotify/setup.py) egg_info for package pyspotify

Compiling can take a while.

Successfully installed pyspotify cffi pycparser =D

now how do i use it? lol

install spotlight now enter your account details to spotlight and it should work

re / spotlight / wiki / Home — Bitbucket

arm7 version make sure to install the repo

the pyspotify is a runtime of sorts that spotlight uses

@rhys100 Did spotlight work for you ?

downloaded plugin.audio.spotlight-1.2.0-armv7-experimental.zip
uploaded to osmc

entered credentials.

When i try and launch it says Connection Refused (error number 111)

Did you follow the instructions for installing Spotlight ?

Installation
Download zip file from Downloads section.
In XBMC go to System > Add-ons > Install from zip file.
Select downloaded zip and confirm.
Add-on will start running in background. Now you need to provide your Premium account credentials:
Go to Music > Music Add-ons.
Access Spotlight context menu (right click).
Select Add-on settings.
Enter credentials in Account category.
Edit playback settings if needed.
Restart XBMC!
Finally go to Music > Music Add-ons > Spotlight and enjoy!
Spotlight service add-on uses port 8000 by default. If it is in conflict with your other servers you can change it in Advanced settings.