Spotify + OSMC = <3

I havent rebooted… doing it now.

your not much for reading are ya ? :wink:

same message after reboot :frowning:

Make sure port 8000 is free so that you dont have another program using that in your router or alternatively change port

And i do hope that you have a PREMIUM account else all of this has been for nothing

yes I have premium, will check ports soon. busy for next hour

Also, be sure to install the repository zip not the specific versions

Ok.

I had used plugin.audio.spotlight-1.2.0-armv7-experimental.zip

I uninstalled.

I then installed Download repository and followed everything Toast said.

I then changed port number to 8002, as port 8000 is used by security cameras on my network.

I still get the same error.

and you did do the reboot after changing ports ?

I got it to work on my Vero by using ‘plugin.audio.spotlight-1.2.0-armv7-experimental.zip’ and applying this patch:

https://bitbucket.org/re/spotlight/issue-attachment/18/re/spotlight/1401991471.02/18/0001-Prepend-internal-libraries-to-the-python-path.patch

It prepends internal libraries paths instead of appending them to avoid picking up random libraries with similar names from the general system.

1 Like

patch < 0001-Prepend-internal-libraries-to-the-python-path.patch

like this ?

I could not get the patch command to work so I did it manually.

ill review the patch and see if i can automate it :slight_smile:

did a large how to from all of this so anything thats helpful get entered into it

1 Like

I hate to say, but i did ever step and still same error :frowning:
Anyway I can give you a log?

No you cant give me a log however you can give the developer of spotlight a log :smile:

https://bitbucket.org/re/spotlight/issues?status=new&status=open

Spotimc

Spotimc is an addon that gives you access to the Spotify music service. It requires a Spotify premium account.

Spotimc lets you search for music, browse your playlists and play your favourite tunes right from XBMC.This product uses SPOTIFY(R) CORE but is not endorsed, certified or otherwise approved in any way by Spotify. Spotify is the registered trade mark of the Spotify Group.Special thanks to Seeleck for the logo and skin improvements.Special thanks also for the CherryPy project, the DejaVu fonts project and the GNOME project (high contrast icons theme).

Please note that it’s still in beta stage, so expect some minor issues here and there. There’s lots of room for improvement, so contributions are very much appreciated.

Download

Latest release: 1.0-beta5.

Installation

Grab the latest installation zip file, and inside XBMC go to Home > System > Settings > Add-ons > Install from zip file, and select the file you just downloaded. Once installed you can run the addon from Home > Music > Addons > Spotimc.

1.0-beta5

• New: Added support for running in the background.
  • Fix: Crashes on Linux and OSX during shutdown.
  • Fix: Conflicts with script.cu.lrclyrics.
  • Fix: Music was muted randomly if crossfade enabled.
  • Fix: Slightly faster playlist list loading.
  • Fix: The menu was focused instead of the list randomly.
  • Fix: Focus was lost when playback ended while on now playing view.
  • Fix: Random crashes on arm hard float due to wrong lib shipped.
  • Fix: Useless debug information got printed to the log file.
  • Fix: Random clicks were heard when changing tracks.
  • Fix: Added default cover image for albums with no cover.
  • Fix: Installation issues on XBMC Gotham.

1 Like

That addon looks like shit i know it works and everything but the interface is a wreck

Could you expand a little on why you think the interface is a wreck?

We should remember that this has been created out of someone’s free time. It seems functional, so if the interface is a little rough around the edges, it’s not a big deal.

Be nice.

I like the interface, but each to their own.

Some people care about how curly the pigs tail is, people like me are just happy that there’s bacon.

4 Likes