Surfshark and Vero 4K+

Hi ! I would like to set up the Surfshark VPN on the Vero 4K.
It looks like there is no Add On and according to their website it should be installed directly on the Linux: Download a premium VPN for Linux - Surfshark

I copy here from the website (https://support.surfshark.com/hc/en-us/articles/360009824660-How-to-configure-Kodi-with-Surfshark-)
"To be short, you cannot install Surfshark on Kodi itself. Nonetheless, you can configure Surfshark on your device where the Kodi is installed! After setting up out connection on one of these devices, Kodi will be automatically covered with the VPN traffic and you will be able to stream content securely! "

When I go through the installation process for Linux I got an error at the stage “sudo apt-get install surfshark-release_1.0.0-1.1_amd64.deb”.

dpkg: errore nell’elaborare l’archivio /tmp/surfshark-release_1.0.0-1.1_amd64.deb (–unpack):
l’architettura del pacchetto (amd64) non corrisponde a quella del sistema (armhf)

Si sono verificati degli errori nell’elaborazione:
E: Sub-process /usr/bin/dpkg returned an error code (1)

Is it possible to install this release on the Vero 4K?

I already tried another solution suggested in this topic New to VPN and can't find answers - #3 by anon87236014 where it suggested to use Zomboided. I installed the Add On but Surfshark is not available in the list of VPN providers.

Any help is really appreciated.

Just an update.
I found on the Surfshark website here: https://support.surfshark.com/hc/en-us/articles/360013425373-How-to-set-up-Surfshark-VPN-on-Raspberry-Pi other instructions.

I was able to download the surfshark locations configurations files in the /etc/openvpn dir and start up the service manually and it worked !

I’m not expert with Linux… how could I set up this connection automatically at startup?
the manual command is: sudo openvpn xxxxxxxxx_udp.ovpn which prompts for user and pwd credentials.

Thanks a lot.
Just one more question. Where should I put the credentials? I mean user and password should be written in some config file?

Hi,

sudo cp /etc/openvpn/xxxxxxxxx_udp.ovpn /etc/openvpn/xxxxxxxxx_udp.conf

Edit /etc/openvpn/xxxxxxxxx_udp.conf replace

auth-user-pass

auth-user-pass /etc/openvpn/login

create /etc/openvpn/login First line username and password 2nd line.

Thanks Tom.

1 Like

Thanks Tom.