Surround Sound - low dialogue volume

I recently got a 5.0 surround system and I find the dialogue to be so quiet that it’s hard to make out with a lot of films. As I begin troubleshooting, I just want to make sure that I’m correcting in setting my Vero 4k audio settings to 7.1 output, a signal my Denon X1500 receiver supports, because that way my receiver will do the downsampling to a 5.0 output rather than the Vero 4K doing that beforehand. Also, is there a setup guide for surround sound in OSMC? I looked in the wiki but there didn’t seem to be anything there.

Please check your audio settings and set them to the following:

EDIT: I deleted my outdated information. Please follow @grahamh advice.

Not getting dialogue means you are missing the centre channel. Check your speaker cable.

Thank you for the link, my settings were already configured in the way described there which confirms that I need to make adjustments at the receiver level as Vero is working as intended.

Do you have no dialogue, absolotely none or very low? And is it only dialogue or only surround sounds from the receiver that are low?

Ive installed a marantz SR 6010 this weekend and seeing they are from the same company it could be the same thing. After using Audyssey XT 32 I found that dialogue and centre levels were extremly loud. So loud that I had to tone down the volume to not burden my neighbours, but in return the surround levels were way too low. Went through the settings and under audio there was a center speaker/dialoge menu with I could manage. The calibration had enabled it so dialoge would be more noticable, and it adjusted its db to +7.

I disabled it and now everything is fine. I also disabled dynamic EQ and dynamic volume to be sure its not doing some voodoo to my surrounds sounds. Maybe look into these settings in your denom? Could be its done something simular but the other way around.