Just placed an order for a Vero 4K+, which I’ll use to replace my aging (but beloved) Chromebox running Libreelec I built years ago. After reading up here I’m pretty confident I understand how to get the Vero 4K+ running and integrated with my other devices, but I’d like to review my configuration and intended uses so as to anticipate any issues.
Display: TCL 55P605, Roku TV, 4K DV
AVR: Denon X3300W (firmware current as of 12/2/18)
Fileserver: Windows 10 Pro shared folder via SMB; adding a Synology NAS in the near future
Network: Wired GbE via Netgear unmanaged switch (tested at close to port speed0
Remote Control: Logitech Harmony Hub with Smart Control Remote
Intended Uses/Key Features:
Control via Harmony Remote
Streaming local MKV files, in resolutions/colorspace ranging from NTSC/PAL DVD to Bluray to 4K SDR/HDR
Operate UI in 1080p or whatever provides best experience
Automatic framerate/resolution/colorspace switching, so that device only sends the correct format and doesn’t do any unnecessary scaling/conversion
Audio passthrough for AC3/DTS variants up to DTS MA at 96/24 and Dolby TrueHD at 192/24
Audio support for multichannel FLAC and PCM up to 96/24
- What is the current best practice, balancing ease of installation and performance, for controlling the Vero 4K+ via a Harmony Hub? Is this still the recommended procedure or is there something better? Configure Harmony Elite + Hub with Vero 4k/Kodi
- After the October updated, is framerate/resolution/colorspace switching fully supported on the Vero 4K+? Any notable limitations?
- Any recommended best practices for SMB sharing?
- What is the recommended best file sharing protocol coming from a Synology NAS (which supports CIFS/AFP/NFS/FTP/WebDAV)?
- Is there a comprehensive list of supported codecs for the Vero 4K+? Or does it support everything Kodi can play out?
- Any notable precautions given my setup and objectives?
Thank you in advance! Really excited about this.