[TESTING] Kodi 16 (Jarvis) test builds for OSMC

Beta 5 was the initial build I uploaded

Sam

How can you determine technically if there is a new beta release? I am going to this thread every day now to check :slight_smile:

Found it.

You can just check this text file: http://ftp.fau.de/osmc/osmc/download/installers/versions_RBP2

Hi Sam

Do you think jarvis will make it in to the january update?

If not then i may give it a test on another machine.

Thanks

I’m confused: according to the kodi blog, and github, Beta 5 was only released yesterday.

I’ve not made any progress on my buffering issue :(. The stream seems fine with the VLC HTSP plugin, so I suspect kodi is doing something wrong.

We picked Beta 5 when the tag was merged. They may have merged more commits since then, but I believe Martijn merges the release tag last.

Nonetheless, we’ll have RC1 out to you when it’s ready as the next build

Sam

I think Jarvis will land in February.

Sam

Jarvis RC1 was aired today, are we gonna get that version here or we will wait for a final release ?

It’s already on its way:

1 Like

Hows it coming along?

This thread will be updated when the builds are ready. We’ve had to address a few things such as binary addons not building, platform changes and some other build issues. Edit: Things seem to be building fine now, but the Kodi mirrors are having issues so we can’t obtain the full sources for addon dependencies to build at the moment.

Sam

Kodi 16 RC1 is now available. Please see my original post at the top of this thread for updated download instructions.

You can learn more about the new release over at the blog: Kodi 16 (Jarvis) RC1 released - OSMC.

Sam

2 Likes

Everything working good here like mentioned in the chat!

My remote stopped working with this build Samsung Tv

All my logs can be found in http://paste.osmc.io/obametopaq

Can you please start a new forum post? We haven’t changed anything around remote support. Which remote are you using?

Hi Sam I did see an update to kernel 4.4.0-1 and libcec being updated

it seems something strange with libcec loading, according to your logs:

20:26:28 15.115806 T:1956934192 ERROR: Unable to load libcec.so.3.0, reason: libcec.so.3.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
20:26:28 15.116013 T:1956934192 ERROR: Initialise - failed to initialise bus cec

You’ve used the staging repository (jessie-devel) perhaps, which now has binaries for Kodi 17.0 (Krypton).

You should downgrade and stick on the official OSMC releases.

The above instructions wouldn’t have caused this.

Sam

just installed the RC and its running great

So I have been running some hd video streaming and the video will freeze for a bit then resume audio is great I will run some more test