[TESTING] Kodi 17 (Krypton) Beta Builds for all platforms

AppleTV1 here.
I tried again and get the same errors: /var/cache/apt/archives/atv-image-4.2.3-20-

Log file is here: http://paste.osmc.io/wejavetoxi
Thanks again.

Kernel updates have been covered a lot. Check AppleTV forum

Further to what Sam saidā€¦

The problem you are having has been covered repeatedly in the Apple sub-forums here.

In a nutshell:

if you EVER incorrectly shutdown or reboot your ATV1, the boot partition will become Read-Only.

When that happens, the system will appear to operate normally until you need to update it.
When you try updating it, it will fail because you cannot write to a Read-Only partition

If you have OSMC installed in the internal HDD:

To fix the problem you need to ssh into osmc on your ATV1, and run the following commands:

sudo umount /boot
sudo fsck.hfsplus -f /dev/sda1
sudo mount -o force,rw /dev/sda1 /boot

If you have OSMC installed on USB and you still have an internal HDD in the ATV1:

To fix the problem you need to ssh into osmc on your ATV1, and run the following commands:

sudo umount /boot
sudo fsck.hfsplus -f /dev/sdb1
sudo mount -o force,rw /dev/sdb1 /boot

To try prevent this from happening in the future, always use the shutdown, and reboot menu within Kodi.
(Unfortunately, if the the system ever crashes, or totally freezes forcing you to unplug the power, you will need to fix it again)

1 Like

Thank you both.
That fixed it.

1 Like

For the record:
dpkg -l | grep mediacenter-osmc | awk ā€˜{ print $3 }ā€™
16.9.5-1

While misleading, that is currently correct.
Sam will likely explain why versioning for this beta 5 build is that way.
I only saw the explanation in passing so I canā€™t remember the exact details.

So that the final version can be 17.0.0-1

Hi. Iā€™m not sure if this is unique to the Kodi Krypton Beta or not, as I had never tried this before I updated to the beta, but, running Beta 5, I am experiencing a constant crashing when accessing a Blu-Ray ISO disc menu.

Every time I open up a Blu-Ray ISO file and choose to go to the disc menu, the menu runs fine for a few seconds, before OSMC crashes, with the unhappy face, before restarting back to the Home menu. I can play the file fine if I simply select play from Chapter 1, so it is only crashing when I try and use the Blu-Ray menu. I can recreate this problem every time without fail.

The logs are uploaded here (but Iā€™m not sure if they are too detailed? I selected all options when choosing the log detail settings): http://paste.osmc.io/rutatuqimu

@sam_nazarko & co

Just greeted with an automatic Krypton update notice on the Rpi2ā€¦ so of course I need to try it!

Desperate Housewives, Bolt, and Game of Thrones, etc DVD.ISO menu all now again work! Very sweet :slight_smile:

Strange that the first 10 seconds of the movie / show starting after selecting the menu item the music is played but the video is black.

The Channel Forward button again skips the chapter rather than changing the TV channel

1080p hardware acceleration appears to be working now

Now just kicking back for the Vero2 Krypton Beta 5 for some CEC goodness

If you update now, the CEC should work again on Vero 2.

The current beta is still Beta 5 however, but I am near releasing Beta 6.

Thanks

Sam

@sam_nazarko
What is below applies to the Vero2 only.

OSMC Reboot/powerdown no longer hangs

CEC works, however a reboot requires the CEC to be refreshed from the TV (nitpick)

1080.iso & .mkv hardware acceleration looks GREAT, although the voice sync is SLIGHTLY askew

Channel forward does not skip the video, but rather changes the TV source to TV on the V2. Now, Menu UP/DOWN skip the video forward/back. I can live with this :wink:
Note that On the last Krypton build for RPi2 channel forward skipes the chapter forward

DVD.ISO menu playback is working on the latest RPI2 beta for all tested movies, but not on all movies upon Vero2 Beta (Desperate housewives still playing sound but no video on V2)

DVD.ISO (standard def) playback is stuttering badly (fine on rpi2)

Given the imminent release of Beta6ā€¦ I will retest all on RPi2 & V2ā€¦ unless you want logs on anything now

Yes ā€“ I shouldā€™ve made it clear a reboot was necessary.

Iā€™m aware of synchronisation issues in V2. Itā€™s being worked on. My findings shows if you disabled pass through and AC3 transcoding it never loses sync. This is not ideal but I would appreciate confirmation.

Thanks for testing CEC. I will keep you posted with things as they progress.

I sudo reboot for these updates. Just wanted to let you know that the GUI Reboot no longer hangs :slight_smile:

1080p.mkv using DTS-MD MA 5.1 with pass through disabled - the sound is still SLIGHTLY out of sync.

ā€¦

Side noteā€¦ it looks to me like the RPI2 build is ready for mainstream :wink:

FIRST:
When playing music as the next song starts for about 5 seconds the album art, artist, song, and upcoming song are displayed ā€˜splash screenā€™ then this information disappears leaving only the new OSMC wallpaper and a time progress bar.

How can I prevent the info splash screen from disappearing? Thanks!

SECOND:
No music visualization options are available. How can these be added back?

Thanks crew

If I remember correctly you can press the ā€˜iā€™ key on a keyboard, or whatever button is mapped to ā€˜infoā€™ on a remote.

Are we far from beta 6? As it was released a few days ago. Was wondering how quickly we should expect beta builds as I know it fixes a few issues Iā€™m having with buffering

I want to release all platforms at once and fix a few things. But itā€™s a busy week (and I am travelling next week).

I hope to get it done this week, but no guarantees yet.

No worries. Iā€™m sure youā€™ve been busy posting all the Black Friday stuff too :). Thanks again for all you do

1 Like

Since the latest update one of the 4 Cores from my Pi3 runs at 100%, without use, so he is getting hot. Log inside. Hope the log helps.

Weā€™d need debug enabled to get any useful information.
Might be worth creating a new thread with the log as this is not a general problem and probably something specific to your install.

First thing is to leave it a while. Databases and addons can get updated in the background so high cpu usage for a while may be normal.

Assuming it is still doing this later (e.g. after an hour), then it could be a rogue addon.
Best option is to boot into a clean environment. If you rename ~/.kodi to ~/.kodi_back and reboot you can see if you get the problem with no custom addons. If itā€™s still there it is in the core of OSMC/Kodi, if it goes away it is likely an addon which we can try to identify.