[TESTING] Kodi 17 (Krypton) builds for Raspberry Pi (continued)

@gmc hey no pressure :slight_smile: Just another checkpoint.

Cheers
Spart

Android Krypton beta 2 have the same issue with missing PVR addons, I have just noticed after updating from Playstore.

So it is not an OSMC thing I guess.

In the newest Android Krypton beta 2 the PVR addon is available again. So maybe we can hope :slight_smile:

Still working on the issue - just tried the latest build and its still giving problems.

It seems Airplay is broken in 16.8-159 and 160 on my rpi3.

On 16.8-156 it works just fine, (iā€™m on IOS 8, not 9 or 10 because I know that will break it forever :wink: )

osmc box only shows up as an audio target and has no name. Is this osmc or Krypton?

the airplay code (i think) is in kodi

You are right, it is in Kodi, thanks.

I have looked into it, and it is not in de Airplay code.
It seems there is a setting missing: services/devicename. If you set the setting manualy in guisettings.xml it will be removed by kodi.

So I looked in /usr/share/kodi/system/settings/settings.xml and there is no default value for the services.devicename setting. If you set a default value there, the setting will show up in the kodi settings menu and Airplay starts working again (and probably other services also?).

But on github I canā€™t find a version of settings.xml where the default value is missing. So maybe osmc uses an own version?

1 Like

I guess itā€™s this patch:

Change in /mediacenter-osmc/patches/all-040-Ensure-that-Kodi-devicename-reflects-etc-hostname.patch

you are missing reading the 10 last postsā€¦

Guysā€¦ 3 weeks have gone by since the last working OSMC Krypton-Beta-build - any hope for a working one in sight?

I ask because when the PVR-breakage began I had to reinstall (rollback) to the build from 20160910 and am having to restart OSMC on an almost hourly basis since then because of hangs/errors in streaming local content (funny, online stuff like Amazon Prime or my locally streamed SAT>IP are working continuously).

There isnā€™t much of information here to find (if any), and my better half keeps complaining about our instable OSMC-Pi2 - so is there a route, or is everybody moving to LibreELEC (which I want to avoid)?

If you want stability, donā€™t use nightly builds. We offer no guarantees of stability or even a release timeline with nightly builds.

The last build was just two weeks ago. I was travelling for the past two weeks, so have not had had an opportunity to look at this fully yet. Shortly, there will be Krypton test builds for all platforms. @gmc has been stuck with an issue building add-ons. I will check this out.

You can do that if you want to, but LibreELEC test builds will have similar stability issues, as they are inherited from Kodi which is pre-release. OSMCā€™s stable release is still using Kodi Jarvis and to our knowledge, PVR is working well with this version.

1 Like

Open Source Entitlement! your not guaranteed anythingā€¦

As @sam_nazarko said this is nightly buildsā€¦ alpha builds if this breaks it breaks.

@gmc and @sam_nazarko are working on resolving this but all in due time and the Kodi team for that matter too.

if you want stuff to work better provide patches, try and figure out the issue, research (ie. look at the code)

what you should do is what you just didā€¦ complain about a NIGHTLY not working cause guess what

ITS NOT STABLE!!

hope that clears up what ever lack of info you had before :slight_smile:

I feel that you are getting me wrong: [quote=ā€œsam_nazarko, post:564, topic:14628ā€]
If you want stability, donā€™t use nightly builds.
[/quote]

Iā€™m always volunteering in testing betas and nightlies, but itā€™s really bad right now on OSMC and Rpi2, Krypton on OSMC was perfect before that - Iā€™m doing the same on Windows OS (almost) always using the latest nightly (Beta 3 Git 20160926) and Kodi just worksā€¦

I donā€™t. I love OSMC simply because of itā€™s Debian-like structure - it letā€™s me decide for myself what I want and what I donā€™t want. I wanna keep it that way - my reason NOT to move to LELEC.

I know that, anyway, thanks for the clarification.

Kodi is in Beta-3 (which works great on Windows (10, btw)) right now, and I guess the foundation will push a releas-candidate very soon.

Manā€¦ I can code scripts, even small programs, but I simply never ever had to deal with such a big amount of code like there is in Kodi, leaving alone all that hardware- and OpenGL-/DX -stuff - I simply couldnā€™t be of any help.

Could you?

My initial post simply was if there has been any progress concerning OSMC-Krypton-Beta-3.

But after all I learned that @sam_nazarko was on a surely well deserved holiday - so we maybe will see some movement concernig the broken beta2-builds soon :v:

And again: I just asked a question, I didnā€™t want to bother anyone - folks, you are harsh sometimesā€¦

1 Like

Ive done my part both here (on the forums) and on other Opensource Projects like AsusWRT Merlin, Pixelserv, Direct Connect etc.

And i know that a test builds are alpha builds they crash or they work the one thing you never should do is try and rush it cause even if its on RC3 on Windows doesnt really translate to other Devices since they dont even use the same SOC.

@Toast what exactly have you done in this forum again but giving out with people and stupid comments? I swear I read all your posts and i found 0 constructive replies.

ā€¦ sighā€¦ only say something if what you have to say is more beautiful than silence ā€¦sighā€¦

I should follow the same principleā€¦ i know and thatā€™s what Iā€™m gonna do

1 Like

check the howto section :slight_smile: not here to be loved by all, and im perfectly fine with that :slight_smile: but again this thread is about Krypton and not me so please keep it to the subject.

Fixed. @gmc just needs to pick two commits:

3 Likes

I have a dreamā€¦there were a recipe somewhere that explain how to build OSMC nightlies at home :stuck_out_tongue:

git clone https://github.com/osmc/osmc
cd osmc/package/mediacenter-osmc
make rbp1/rbp2/vero1/vero2/atv

Adjust branch when necessary. Itā€™s that simple :slight_smile:

whaooo, lighting fast answer :slight_smile:

When you say ā€œAdjust branch when necessaryā€ what does it means? sorry but I have only compiled one thing, that was Tvheadend backend, aside from that I have zero experience in compiling.

Edit : I think I get it :branch is pi1 pi2 and so on?