[TESTING] Kodi v18 release builds

No image files will normally only be produced a couple of days after the stable release. So Image of December plus this test upgrade is currently the way to go.

1 Like

Update went well, only issue I had was that the resolution changed to 480p@60Hz

osmc@vero4k:~$ cat /sys/class/amhdmitx/amhdmitx0/config
cur_VIC: 3
VIC: 3 720x480p60hz
Colour depth: 10-bit
Colourspace: YUV444
Colour range: limited
EOTF: SDR
YCC colour range: limited
PLL clock: 0xc00002e1, Vid clock div 0x000b0000
audio config: on
3D config: off

osmc@vero4k:~$ cat /sys/class/amhdmitx/amhdmitx0/disp_cap
480p60hz
576p50hz
720p60hz
1080i60hz
1080p60hz
720p50hz
1080i50hz
1080p30hz
1080p50hz
1080p24hz
2160p30hz
2160p25hz
2160p24hz
smpte24hz
smpte50hz
smpte60hz
smpte50hz420
smpte60hz420
2160p50hz
2160p60hz
2160p50hz420
2160p60hz420

Known issue when going from v17 to v18. Just re-set it.

After some tests I noticed that the HDR_Flicker_10bit24fps.mp4 we used in previous tests doesn’t work anymore, I get a blue screen from my AVR.
But other 10bit HDR movies are playing fine, maybe a mp4 file issue?

Resolution switching after whitelisting all modes works perfectly!

Did that, didn’t know it was known, maybe add it to the known issues?
Was ofc no problem to set it :slight_smile:

It was only known since yesterday and only happens on upgrading. I’m not sure if it’s worth trying to fix it.

Does it play with “enable Force 422” in settings->system->video ?

I’m not saying you have to fix it, just mention it.

1 Like

This sounds like it might be an issue we had a long discussion about last year:

The short version is that there is a bug in Kodi (rather than OSMC). If the material is 576i, 576p, 480i, or 480p, and has a 4:3 aspect ratio, and if the device is set to output it at 576p or 480p, then instead of telling the display to use 4:3 mode, Kodi tells it to use 16:9 mode and horizontally downscales the picture.

Most people don’t spot this, because as long as the display is either locked to 16:9 or set to switch aspect ratio dynamically, the eventual picture has the correct aspect ratio - it just loses horizontal resolution from being downscaled and then upscaled again.

I did try starting a thread about it on the Kodi forums, but the Kodi devs simply ignored it, so I doubt it’ll ever be fixed. Just got to remember to switch to “Stretch 16:9”.

(It’s worth checking that the source video actually is 720x576, though - some stuff on Netflix, for example, is actually 720x540; for that, an alternative is to set the output resolution to either 720p/50 or 1080p/50, and set the video display mode to “Original Size”. You then get an unscaled image, but your VP won’t upscale it to full screen. Personally, I prefer to watch SD material at less-than-full-screen upscaling anyway, because I find blowing it up to 65" makes it intolerably soft, even with state of the art upscaling. YMMV.)

From a fresh install and upgrade to Kodi 18.2RC1 I noticed that My OSMC → App Store and Services is not working. When you enter both App Store and Services, you can not scroll up/down, the only thing you can do is press Escape to leave.
Hardware: Vero 4K+

Debug Logs are here.

1 Like

@thansen_dk Thx, we already detected this in the afternoon.

1 Like

It does, but then I see banding again :frowning:

@angry.sardine sounds exactly as what I am experiencing and the devs are aware of this issue, although it is a Kodi problem. They might hopefully try to address it after 18 is released :wink:

Updated from latest 17.6 release last night on my Raspberry Pi2B. No issues whatsoever so far! Except for the Amber Skin add-on not being compatible with Kodi 18 (didn’t know I still had it) so I removed it.

Thanks Sam to you and the team for your hard work on this and for making this process as professional and pain free as possible.

I’m having issues playback with the Netflix addon and my Vero4k rebooted after i made a backup.
Anyone else?

Should be fixed now, can you update again?

Sam

Thanks for feedback so far – will follow up shortly

Sam

@andre3030, did you have netflix installed previously? Try uninstalling Netflix addon, and answer yes to remove all settings, then reinstall it.

I did a clean install, image 2018.12-1 then upgraded to Leia 18.2-rc1 and installed Netflix with one issue, libwidvine needed some missing libs, which was simply fixed, you can read about it here: [HOW-TO ALL PLATFORMS]Can I use Netflix on OSMC?(post 4) - #342 by joakim_s

1 Like

Yes, it is fixed :slight_smile:

Thanks

1 Like

I upgraded my Vero4k+ yesterday to test these builds before official release. I was previously running the gmc-19 builds without any problems.

I also noticed a kernel bump when i upgraded (from vero364-image-3.14.29-140-osmc:arm64 to vero364-image-3.14.29-142-osmc:arm64)

I watched some livetv and recordings last night without any problems. However, this morning I tried to play both livetv and recordings and the Video was frozen on the last few frames of the last recording we watched last night; although the Audio was playing correctly.

I was able to hit stop to return to the gui, but whenever I tried to play anything it just showed those same last few frames from previous recording last night.

Here are the logs: https://paste.osmc.tv/cedecekoda

I rebooted and this cleared the problem. I also took some screenshots should you need them.