[TESTING] Kodi v19 builds for Raspberry Pi 2/3/4

I searched for “raspberry pi config.txt enable 4k”.

Et voilà!

1 Like

Damn didn’t think of Googling it.

Thanks for the quick reply dillthedog.

2 Things
CPU-Temp is -1° on the Pi4 “cool runnings”
ffmpeg delivers blackscreen on formates less than 1080 (known so far?)

Yes known issue

1 Like

There is annother one, not relevant for testing at all, but the OSMC-Installer works to install the Image on SD-Card but the wifi doesn’t work if you try to add wifi parameters on installation.

Been playing with the test version of test builds of Kodi v19 for my Pi 3B+ and 3B. Had some new SD cards to utilize so thought I’d give it a go. Performed a full image install from the download site and added all my movies and and TV series, (took hours btw), and all was good. The only problem I’m seeing currently is when I power off the system via the power off menu, the delay is approx. 30 seconds or more but does eventually shut down. Any insight on this for anyone else because the previous version with Kodi 18.9 was quite quicker. Lemme know I’ll see what info I can supply for you.
Might want to add that my set up is purely via usb hard disk drives on a powered hub connected directly to my RPi . No NAS involved at all.

deleted this and added to original post.
Please delete. Sorry

Yes its a known issue

Update with RPi 2

• very slow ( lag )
  • many add on no compatible :frowning:

Else this is ok :slight_smile:

Édit :

Migrate RPi2 to RPi4 4Gb
CEC : i have put my hdmi to 1st entry hdmi
Database was migrate no problèm

But i have lag same like on RPi2

Is there any list of known issues of less informed testers like myself?
Not trying to be a burden but the info of what are the known issues is kind of sketchy.
Just did an update today and the shut down time has not changed.

The issue with videos below 1080 not playing is solved with the latest update. So anyone have black screen while playback should test again after latest update.

Currently there is no comprehensive list other than what was written in the first post. But I am mainly aware of 4 out of which 2 should be solved:

1. Playback of content with resolution other than 1080p causes black screen - SOLVED
  2. Installation of Addons fails due to missing dependencies - SOLVED
  3. Delay when shutdown/exit
  4. Switching Skins not working reliable

As far as I can tell, point 1 is solved, but I noticed an delay between Screen and Sound, there is a silence from 1-2 seconds with no Sound when the Screen is allready playing forward.

I am testing this new OSMC on rpi4 and it looks pretty good, nevertheless I would like to test IPTV functionality but there is missing " PVR IPTV Simple Client" in the addon repository. This addon is part of standard Kodi 19 repository on other platforms e.g. Windows.
Thank you.

Video flickers when playing inside skin when using the Direct to Plane

pvr.iptvsimple should be built and included.

Thanks for reply, but I don’t see it while listing all addons including disabled ones. I updated osmc to latest version, but still without pvr.iptvsimple. Can anybody, please, check presence of the “PVR IPTV Simple Client” addon on rpi4?

hi I am unable to find pvr.iptvsimple, the only plugin I found for iptv is something about IPTV manager, by someone who I don’t have the proper keyboard keys to credit (I believe it is a german name but I am really unsure)

Thank you for checking. Same situation on my side. Either it was forgotten or some issue identified with it. Hopefully it will get to distribution soon with some of next updates.

Under User addons there are pvr Clients. It should be there.

Cheers